IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sweet
Paychecks sweet.

But it doesn't look like it is going to be permanent. It's all up in the air, but I'm being told on a week by week basis if they need me next week and it looks like I'll have worked through their back log in a couple more.

Jay
New I'll bet :)
Nice report too. When VB almost wins, we can safely conclude that web programming is an immature medium.
-drl
New "When VB almost wins"
Against *PHP*? And from this you declare that web programming is immature?

Why don't you do some first before making pronouncements? :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Re: "When VB almost wins"
I assume Jay knows his stuff, and so I don't have to!

And I can't think of anything more boring than web programming, so it's very very unlikely that I'll ever know more than I did .001 second ago.
-drl
New Jay was comparing VB and PHP...
Not the wide multitude of other environments.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Re: Jay was comparing VB and PHP...
Well name one that has something like elegance. Programming is only fun when it's "realized elegance". Just making a computer do something loses interest fast (at least for me).

-drl
New Re: Jay was comparing VB and PHP...
Well name one that has something like elegance.
Seaside.

The rest consist of hacks and practical tools. Same as everything else. There's stuff to get the job done, and then there's screwing around. Screwing around is for people who aren't satisfied with just getting a job done, who need something else (I'm one of those).
Regards,

-scott anderson

New satisfied....
There's stuff to get the job done, and then there's screwing around. Screwing around is for people who aren't satisfied with just getting a job done, who need something else (I'm one of those).

So THAT's what OO is for, eh? :-)

No, I agree that programming is more fun when one can experiment a bit......just not with $*@#&! OOP.

One thing I liked about ASP is the ability to have regional-scoped variables without declaring a header for each and every function. That results in giant parameter lists in PHP, which is a code-smell IMO. (At least allow nested functions, like Pascal, if you are gonna do that.) On the other hand, one had to use Option Explicit to keep their sanity in ASP, requiring declarations of everything. So, I guess they break even in that regard. And as stated, PHP has better associative array support. In ASP you have to call bloated system objects to emulate them.
Created as new thread #166526 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=166526|Sounds like an LRPD]
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     PHP vs VB ASP - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
         Re: PHP vs VB ASP - (deSitter) - (9)
             Sweet - (JayMehaffey) - (8)
                 I'll bet :) - (deSitter) - (7)
                     "When VB almost wins" - (admin) - (6)
                         Re: "When VB almost wins" - (deSitter) - (5)
                             Jay was comparing VB and PHP... - (admin) - (3)
                                 Re: Jay was comparing VB and PHP... - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Re: Jay was comparing VB and PHP... - (admin) - (1)
                                         satisfied.... - (tablizer)
                             Sounds like an LRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
         Major disagreement - (drewk)
         The sum total of my ASP experience - (FuManChu)

Switch view to kaleidoscopic.
57 ms