IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Studs Terkel, George Carlin and Zippy - here_______:-\ufffd
Heard a quote on NPR, driving home tonight. Anna deVere Smith (has a kind of road show IIRC). She, speaking in Studs' accent:

..lotsa 'communications' today. Much less communication. and various other wry comments on the state of language misuse and the general absurdity of the whole political 'process'.

What do you call a group which imagines that handing over government to Corporations (prisons, medicine - soon schools) - is a better answer than behaving like citizens and voting out incompetent assholes (and basing that vote on actual campaign reform, too) ?

There are so many contradictions in 'the conventional wisdom' here: it ain't. Pox remains - both houses and the non-voting consumer *suck* (to use the technical word). GIGO

A.
New The problem with both political parties
is that all of the leaders are rich assholes.

I would take the republicans more seriously if more of the party leaders were solidly middle-or-working class. But they're all a bunch of stupid rich fucks.

I would take the democrats more seriously if...

Oh, hell, I don't take either of 'em seriously. They're all a bunch of goddamned liars. Rhetoric be damned.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Top 11 in US Congress + Senate.
As estimated by Roll Call in 2000, [link|http://www.rollcall.com/pages/features/00/50richest/|here]. Of the top 11 (3 way tie for 9th), 4 are Republicans, 7 are Democrats.

Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) still leads the pack, despite the fact that estimates of his wife's ketchup fortune took a dip - it fell from $675 million to $620 million - and she did not qualify for the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans.

Behind Kerry were Rep. Amo Houghton (R-N.Y.), who is estimated to be worth
$350 million; Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), worth roughly $300 million; Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), worth approximately $200 million; Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the fifth-richest Member with an estimated $50 million fortune; Sen. Peter Fitzgerald (R-Ill.), worth about $40 million; and Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), whose worth is also estimated at about $40 million. [...]

Delay and Hastert and many of the other big names aren't even in the top 50.

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The problem with that...
I would take the republicans more seriously if more of the party leaders were solidly middle-or-working class. But they're all a bunch of stupid rich fucks.

As you note, the other parties, likewise.

Of course, in most cases, the solid middle and working class don't have TIME To be politicians, they're too busy working for a living.

Addison
New Ummmmmm, yes.
And both sides are out to feather their own nests at the expense of everyone else.

All the differentiates them is what group of idiots they court for their votes.
New Hey! who you calling an.... oh, yer right :)
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Re: Studs Terkel, George Carlin and Zippy - here_______:-\ufffd
Ashton, I do not consider the repubs in favor of handing over government to business, but rather for decreasing federal intervention. I do not see them handing over the military. You won't find any sympathy with me for turning the schools over to private enterprise. I'm no fan of the Education Establishment and their unions and their political action committees and their PC-ness. They are running a fraternity here and the sooner they get busted up the better. I don't advovate turning it over to the religious right either, if I have to hear about creationism one more time in reference to science, I'll puke on the person's shoes.
Gerard Allwein
New Deal.
If we meet on the barricades ~ 2004 (look for the guy with the blow-gun and Mad Hatter hat), I'll be glad to share a few curare-tipped darts with ya.. hell, maybe even a few of the Pentothal-tipped ones: for debriefing captured congresscritters.

We can work out the details for rehab of our representatives - but only amongst the folks who read Proust AND Pavlov. [sorry - one from the '70s]

(Ever see a radar-controlled smart dart in full flight?)

Ashton :-\ufffd
     Microsoft and DOJ reaching settlement? - (cwbrenn) - (16)
         What I heard - (Ashton)
         Sold out - (tuberculosis) - (14)
             Don't agree - (jb4)
             I agree - (gtall) - (12)
                 Point of definition. - (Ashton) - (11)
                     Re: Point of definition. - (gtall) - (10)
                         False dichotomy, guaranteed. - (Ashton) - (9)
                             Re: False dichotomy, guaranteed. - (gtall) - (8)
                                 Studs Terkel, George Carlin and Zippy - here_______:-\ufffd - (Ashton) - (7)
                                     The problem with both political parties - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                                         Top 11 in US Congress + Senate. - (Another Scott)
                                         The problem with that... - (addison)
                                         Ummmmmm, yes. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             Hey! who you calling an.... oh, yer right :) -NT - (boxley)
                                     Re: Studs Terkel, George Carlin and Zippy - here_______:-\ufffd - (gtall) - (1)
                                         Deal. - (Ashton)

Nine crows at nine o'clock nigh.
64 ms