IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How 'bout...
... the underlying data store for a Football Pool (that's American Football for you, Peter). Define a Team class that contains such nonsense as their name, their logo, etc. Then another class for a Game; contains two pointers to the Teams that are playing each other, which one's the home team, which one is favored by how much, etc. Finally a GameWeek class, which is a container for the Games that are to be played in a given week.

No inheretance, but lots of aggregation. Once done, you can then use this store to display a list of the week's Games in HTML or something, using the Game's Render() method, which would call the Team's Render method for rendering the logos....

Might be fun. Note that there should be the standard disclaimer that this is "for educational purposes only...blah, blah, blah...".
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Baseball!
Then you have context-dependence like designated hitter.
-drl
     Looking for programming problem ideas - first OO C++ program - (tuberculosis) - (10)
         Turn the phone book into a mini-CRM app? - (FuManChu)
         How 'bout... - (jb4) - (1)
             Baseball! - (deSitter)
         Source of project ideas - (tjsinclair) - (6)
             Those are kind of cool - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 Glad you liked them - (tjsinclair) - (3)
                     You're welcome to mine - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Thanks, I'll snag them right now -NT - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                             Might wait until class is over on the 7th - more to come -NT - (tuberculosis)
             I remember a book from my days in Russia - (Arkadiy)

The third one burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp.
68 ms