IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Blah - gotta hit STOP faster.
[If you imagine you are 'studying Econ' - you might -at very least- begin from an understanding of WHY that topic is permanently Guaranteed to remain: extremely IFFY - as regards any concept of that popularly abused idea of there being CAUSALITY! of any knowable sort.]

Despite ChrisR's heroic, meticulous and time-consumingly linked Clue-by-fours: it is pointless !=[*], with you.

You are the textbook-proof Example that, a course in Boolean Logic is as unrelated to possession of a working sense of Reason as :: [toughie] maybe..

possession of a Bible guarantees some knowledge of metaphysics?
possession of a car " " " physics?
possession of an egg " " " ovulation?
possession of a brain " " " a mind?
possession of a mouth " " " sentient sentences?

Your obsession with 'fact'oids "proving" some 'theory' you've recently had PowerPointed into cache-memory - in a class intended to force-feed MBA-sounding words into a group suffering from National attention span deficit:

merely clarifies your confusion about what fact, theory or process might even mean/connote/suggest... in human mentation. When explored to any depth, none of these concepts (nor many other common ones) long avoid circularity in their cross-pollination of "definitions".

You are in philosophical territory and you didn't even see the Toll Booth -- that one saying:

GO READ, absorb, ponder, experiment: before your Visa can be stamped.

Regurgitating predigested pap, slogans especially re Econ !! - punctuated with sentences ending in? - is a sure way of obtaining new flights of Flame constructs.. from others with quite less patience than the estimable (and evidently Informed) ChrisR.

You are in Philosophy and you Want: Literalness at a 8 yo level. As always.

GO READ a couple hundred non-VB-related BOOKS (or any other \ufffd-stuff) from Aristotel to Zoroaster; digest, explore, train-from-scratch a whole regimentGrand Army of new neuronal connections and,

and...

Your Non-style perpetual [sick, broke, needy, unconscious-but-got-a-keyboard] mewling Pisses Me Off, at certain times. Especially These Times, as we wait to see the Verdict:

How many of The Murican Peepul are Just Like You cha cha cha ???
[incorrigible]

This just in, kid: the mere fact that it's written down and believed in by millions of simpletons does not make something true.

"This is not a book to be set aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."
Dorothy Parker

"Reality is that which, when you cease to believe, continues to exist."
Phillip K Dick

After personal optimization sets in, you have a population with very few abilities and a great many needs.
B Tilly, maybe
Collapse Edited by Ashton July 13, 2004, 08:38:30 PM EDT
Norman, Norman -n
[If you imagine you are 'studying Econ' - you might -at very least- begin from an understanding of WHY that topic is permanently Guaranteed to remain: extremely IFFY - as regards any concept of that popularly abused idea of there being CAUSALITY! of any knowable sort.]

Despite ChrisR's heroic, meticulous and time-consumingly linked Clue-by-fours: it is pointless !=[*], with you.

You are the textbook-proof Example that, a course in Boolean Logic is as unrelated to possession of a working sense of Reason as :: [toughie] maybe..

possession of a Bible guarantees some knowledge of metaphysics?
possession of a car " " " physics?
possession of an egg " " " ovulation?
possession of a brain " " " a mind?
possession of a mouth " " " sentient sentences?

Your obsession with 'fact'oids "proving" some 'theory' you've recently had PowerPointed into cache-memory - in a class intended to force-feed MBA-sounding words into a group suffering from National attention span deficit:

merely clarifies your confusion about what fact, theory or process might even mean/connote/suggest... in human mentation. When explored to any depth, none of these concepts (nor many other common ones) long avoid circularity in their cross-pollination of "definitions".

You are in philosophical territory and you didn't even see the Toll Booth -- that one saying:

GO READ, absorb, ponder, experiment: before your Visa can be stamped.

Regurgitating predigested pap, slogans especially re Econ !! - punctuated with sentences ending in? - is a sure way of obtaining new flights of Flame constructs.. from others with quite less patience than the estimable (and evidently Informed) ChrisR.

You are in Philosophy and you Want: Literalness at a 8 yo level. As always.

GO READ a couple hundred non-VB-related BOOKS (or any other ยต-stuff) from Aristotel to Zoroaster; digest, explore, train-from-scratch a whole regimentGrand Army of new neuronal connections and,

and...

Your Non-style perpetual [sick, broke, needy, unconscious-but-got-a-keyboard] mewling Pisses Me Off, at certain times. Especially These Times, as we wait to see the Verdict:

How many of The Murican Peepul are Just Like You cha cha cha ???
[incorrigible]

This just in, kid: the mere fact that it's written down and believed in by millions of simpletons does not make something true.

"This is not a book to be set aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."
Dorothy Parker

"Reality is that which, when you cease to believe, continues to exist."
Phillip K Dick

After personal optimization sets in, you have a population with very few abilities and a great many needs.
B Tilly, maybe
     a review of 911 by Matt Labash - (boxley) - (105)
         I shocked, shocked I tell you. - (mmoffitt)
         At least Moore's honest about his craft - (ChrisR) - (6)
             Moore? Honest? He had disclaimers? tell me moore -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                 He admits his craft has a purpose - (ChrisR) - (4)
                     It's a polemic - (deSitter)
                     Conservative AM talk radio station this morning - (lincoln) - (2)
                         As Ebert pointed out.. - (deSitter)
                         National Geographic has a POV - (ChrisR)
         Screw that. Where's *your* review? - (Silverlock) - (24)
             I will do my own review - (boxley) - (20)
                 What's your local theater? - (Silverlock) - (19)
                     problem, how do I explain to 5 other people - (boxley) - (18)
                         I'll donate another ticket for you... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             guys, ITS A FRIGGIN MOVIE!!! not the second coming sheesh! -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Just trying to reduce the number of your excuses -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     no excuses, I will watch it in the same way I watch all - (boxley)
                         Whatever. - (Silverlock)
                         I'll donate another ticket for you... That's 3. - (Ashton) - (12)
                             One from me, that's 4 - (broomberg) - (10)
                                 ROAD TRIP!!! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Thou sayest Well, - (Ashton)
                                 That works for me... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                     Seconded - (drewk) - (6)
                                         plastic pint bottles and cargo pants would work -NT - (boxley)
                                         Re: Seconded - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Spent a whole night playing piano drunk once. - (admin)
                                         Sheesh. - (admin) - (2)
                                             A Fair question - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 See the headlines now - (boxley)
                             wont be voting there, patriot and ashcroft still in place -NT - (boxley)
             Well, here's one - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 you didnt use a debit card to pay for the tickey did you? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     What, you think I'm an idiot? - (inthane-chan)
         Tip from a Friend on what to do after seeing it. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Citoyens! Aux barricades! -NT - (deSitter)
             Re: Tip from a Friend on what to do after seeing it. - (deSitter)
             That is good -NT - (boxley)
         another review of Fahrenheit 9/11 - (Ashton) - (1)
             Made approx. 22 million this weekend as top-grossing movie - (tjsinclair)
         ..and another Weekly Standard-type 'exclusive' (new thread) - (Ashton)
         I agree with the concepts, but not the methods used by Moore - (orion) - (64)
             Norman, Norman - (Ashton) - (63)
                 Thus I say to you - (orion) - (62)
                     Oh, I do so wish to smack you, Norm - (Arkadiy) - (17)
                         Did you ever see Good Will Hunting? - (broomberg) - (16)
                             Re: Did you ever see Good Will Hunting? - (deSitter)
                             Not really - (orion) - (14)
                                 It is a matter of tunnel vision - (broomberg) - (13)
                                     Ironically, I disagree with you... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                         Figures - (broomberg) - (3)
                                             Depends how you define economics - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                 The economic/philosophy term of "Utility" comes to mind. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                     Exactly - (ben_tilly)
                                         Sadly, I find your disagreement implicitly supports - (Ashton)
                                     All I ever asked - (orion) - (3)
                                         Hehe. Impeach Bush? - (broomberg)
                                         Logic is the path from assumptions to conclusion - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             Verily I say, thou hast the Patience of Job.. or was that - (Ashton)
                                     I consider that a cmplement in a way - (orion) - (2)
                                         Enjoy - (broomberg)
                                         BTW - (n3jja)
                     That analysis assumes that Saudis are... - (ben_tilly) - (43)
                         Very well said -NT - (deSitter)
                         Nothing economics can't explain - (ChrisR) - (13)
                             For some value of "explain" -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Not to belittle economics too much... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                     ie.. it Is hard to belittle Econ____too much :-j -NT - (Ashton)
                             Yet ironically - (orion) - (9)
                                 Twitterpatted - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                     ObPedanticSpellingFlame: twitterpated, twitterpate! -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                                         Rediculous!!! -NT - (ChrisR)
                                     Easy - (deSitter) - (2)
                                         Either that, or make the leaf the new form of currency - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                             No - (deSitter)
                                     Bzzzz, sorry. You don't know jack about the Phillips curve. (new thread) - (orion)
                                 Norm throw all that crap out the window - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Sorry I'd rather earn a college degree - (orion)
                         Explain this behavior then - (orion) - (27)
                             The explanation is simple... - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                 Interesting theory - (orion) - (4)
                                     I see college has brought out your natural sophistry - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Of course - (orion)
                                     Just look up the term you don't know - (ben_tilly)
                                     Big fish catch and release program. - (ChrisR)
                             you are missing a huge point - (boxley) - (18)
                                 The same way we trapped the French in the 1930's then? - (orion) - (17)
                                     where do you get this crap norm? - (boxley) - (16)
                                         Norm is at least half-right on this one - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                             Been some stress through the years - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                 True, but that doesn't make me much happier - (ben_tilly)
                                             banking panic had NOTHING to do with gold - (boxley) - (10)
                                                 You'd be wrong on the history of that - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                     try horses mouth - (boxley) - (8)
                                                         And how does this contradict what I said? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                             thought you were promoting gold as a cause, not effect - (boxley)
                                                         Yet again you are wrong - (orion) - (5)
                                                             ah, the educated fucktard raises his snout and brays - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Apples and Oranges - (orion)
                                                             Yeah, and who pays for it? - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                                                 {{Shhhh!}} we're not sposed to know that. Bad for 'lections -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 I know that - (orion)
                                             Perhaps Norm is all right? ;) - (orion) - (1)
                                                 Thank you, I learned something from that - (ben_tilly)
                             Blah - gotta hit STOP faster. - (Ashton)
                             Norman, Norman -n (new thread) - (Ashton)

It's a lot less messy in here when Karsten's absent...
122 ms