IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe not
It's one thing for the Nazis to buy equipment from IBM to become more efficient.

It's another for the Nazis to go to IBM and ask them to build machines to make them more efficient.

It's yet another for IBM to go to the Nazis and tell them they could help improve their efficiency.

Which one are the gypsies alleging?
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Can't tell
according to the newspaper article:
The campaigners began planning the lawsuit after U.S. author Edwin Black wrote in a 2001 book, IBM and the Holocaust, that IBM punch-card machines enabled the Nazis to make their killing operations more efficient.

That's like suing the car dealer for selling you a car that "makes you more efficient" in causing deaths due to your driving. Worse, it's like trying to blame Ford or GM for building better cars to make you a more efficient drunk driver.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Only if you buy that "IBM didn't know".
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New if you buy this
The company has said its German subsidiary, Deutsche Hollerith Maschinen GmbH -- or Dehomag -- was taken over by the Nazis before World War II, and it had no control over operations there.
then I don't think IBM could be held liable even if they knew what was happening.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
     This is so bogus - (lincoln) - (16)
         Maybe not - (drewk) - (3)
             Can't tell - (lincoln) - (2)
                 Only if you buy that "IBM didn't know". -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     if you buy this - (SpiceWare)
         Have that book - gave it up in disgust - wanted - (dmarker)
         Go read the full history - (broomberg) - (8)
             What IBM Personnel ? - working for who ? - (dmarker) - (6)
                 I'm never sure - (broomberg) - (5)
                     That is also my impression, over decades - (Ashton) - (1)
                         I don't disagree with some of the comments about watson - (dmarker)
                     DehoMag was a German company - (dmarker) - (2)
                         Nice that you are on the other side of the world - (broomberg) - (1)
                             My awareness is in part because - (dmarker)
             Broom - I did like this link of yours :-) + more on Watson - (dmarker)
         So does this means Jewish people and homosexual people - (Meerkat) - (1)
             what about jewish homosexuals, do they get 2 checks? -NT - (boxley)

WORA
53 ms