IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Am much inclined to agree - I too thought MS had a winner

with Office & their XML schema. Saw demos at MS office in 2002 & worked with them on several internal awareness events for my HK employer.

But MS has given in to the desire to create a microchannel lock-in (was working for IBM when that mistake was undertaken).

In mid 1980s when with IBM NZ, they tried suing anyone who sold a PC/AT that had a clone of IBM's BIOS. One of my workmates at IBM at the time was responsible for developing the evidence used to take two other people I had once worked for, to court, for using IBM clone bios's in the PCs they sold.

Result of IBM's BIOS bastardry was AMI & Phoenix & IBM's bios dissapearing. MCA was next & PS/2 generally followed.

I hope worse happens to Microsoft & by the way they are squealing & trying to poison, strangle, fud-to-death & kill Linux strategy, I think they at last have met their match & are so focused on their vicious struggle they are losing their place in the industry.

In the past 3 years, Microsoft have succeeded in expanding on how much they are despised by so many more people & IT decision makers. It can only get worse.

Doug M

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New Shrub, Billy - on-target for world opprobrium, Togetherness
in style, ethics, personal psychoses.

But I thought the Telling [expected terminal blindness] would be, the likely response of the Softies to the (IWE-linked)

[link|http://www.dashes.com/anil/stuff/doctorow-drm-ms.html| Doctorow Heads-Up] re DRM. Blinkered Fundies all.. may they sail out for burial in the same Viking canoe..
     How Microsoft Lost the API War - (johnu) - (3)
         Recognition of these problems may be why . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Am much inclined to agree - I too thought MS had a winner - (dmarker) - (1)
             Shrub, Billy - on-target for world opprobrium, Togetherness - (Ashton)

It’s an insidious time-gobbler.
48 ms