IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Earthlink supports multiple users
The only big ISP's I know of that oficially support multiple users are AOL and Earthlink. Since I refuse to contaminate my computers with AOL, I've added an Earthlink account (roaming and backup access for me, full time access for another family member).

Their policy is that if you're both on at the same time, they charge $1.00 / hour, rounded to the nearest minute. I also get some decent discounts (USAA + Sprint). So far they seem OK -- I was getting 4-5K/sec download speed.

Interestingly, if I'm connected to both my DSL line (via Ethernet part of my Linksys combo PCCard) and POP (via modem side of Linksys), my Win 98 laptop seems to only use the modem. At least it looks like I won't have to reconfigure and reboot to change between modem and DSL.

Note for tjsinclair -- I've given my friend the pitch for the SMC Barricade. He's interested in the print server.

Tony
New Yep--we got seven of them to avoid the $1/hr thing, tho
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Won't be problem for me (w/main DSL line), and I prefer to
keep w/in the terms of service (reward companies with reasonable terms of service). IOW, I don't want to sign up with someone who says only one person can use the service and then occasionally use it.

I think Earthlink's policy is reasonable, although I my case I'd prefer the AOL approach (if another user is logged on, you can't). I don't expect much if any double use, since my use will be very occasional (testing + traveling).

Tony
     Earthlink supports multiple users - (tonytib) - (2)
         Yep--we got seven of them to avoid the $1/hr thing, tho -NT - (tseliot) - (1)
             Won't be problem for me (w/main DSL line), and I prefer to - (tonytib)

So ... how hard is it to get into the Paris Hilton?
33 ms