IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Microsoft sues Brazilian mag, IT official for defamation
[link|http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/04/06/20/1420245.shtml?tid=137&tid=147|NewsForge]:
Microsoft Brazil has initiated legal proceedings against a magazine and a senior government official, claiming the company has been defamed.

In a 7 June filing to the Criminal Court of Sao Paulo, Microsoft said that "Sergio Amadeu, President of the National Institute of Information Technology (ITI), aiming at disseminating free software among Ministries, State owned companies and governmental bodies, made aggressive declarations lacking any kind of technical foundation about the use of the software developed by Microsoft."

The filing continues: "In defending free software, Mr. Amadeu does not abstain from criticizing Microsoft, accusing the company of a 'drug-dealer practice' for offering the operational system Windows to some governments and city administration for digital inclusion programs.

"To Amadeu, this will be a decisive year to win the 'strategy of fear, uncertainty and doubt,' as he classifies the business model of Microsoft.

"These declarations made by Mr. President of the ITI, beyond being absurd and criminal, extrapolate prohibitions and violate duties inherent to the public office the Defendant exercises."

Asserting that Amadeu's remarks are infringing speech under Article 25 of the Press Law, Microsoft has demanded that Amadeu answer a list of questions, mostly centred on the use of the phrase "drug dealer practice."
If the shoe fits, wear it!
Alex

Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost. -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher
New Turnabout is fair play
I remember hearing about members of MS c&c calling linux a Cancer and communist among others. So who's going to sue them for defamation of character?
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Re: Turnabout is fair play
Linux was born in August, so it's a Leo, not a Cancer.
-drl
New They'll lose this one, though.
The drug-dealer comment is a paraphrasing of Unca Bill's own words describing MS practices re: piracy.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Microsoft sues Brazilian mag, IT official for defamation - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
         Turnabout is fair play - (Steven A S) - (1)
             Re: Turnabout is fair play - (deSitter)
         They'll lose this one, though. - (imric)

Why do you ask me? You know I cannot do this thing anymore with the bugs.
46 ms