IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New SF Chron's take on People Soft, Oracle and the Beast's aims
[link|http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/06/18/BUGSI77VGP1.DTL| here].

Can't imagine how an ordinary Judge could sort through all the diversionary tactics like
He said managers typically issue such warnings as a way to draw attention and resources to specific product lines.

"She is in charge of the product line. Mr. Gupta is in charge of the budget," Wilmington said.

Justice Department attorney Renata Hesse, chief of the antitrust division's networks and technology section, added during a break: "I thought she was trying to pitch to get more cash."
While I get the slime involved in the Great Plains new Beast-monopoly (as predicted early-on by Andrew) I don't know to what extent the entire "back-office" thing is just another shell game with the CIEIOs about a 'consolidation / efficiency-boost' which isn't [?]

Oh well, this is what the Chron makes of it -- not much, that I can see. And it's writ for 'biznessmen'.

"Information" - What A Crock
New Long-term threat vs short-term threat
Microsoft both is and isn't a threat.

Short-term, merging Peoplesoft and Oracle gives a lot of customers no competition, leaving better lock-in, and better prices for Oracle. No question about it, businesses will pay through the nose.

There is also no question that Microsoft will be a low-end competitor in the near term.

However history suggests that low-end competitors eat their way up the food chain. Oracle raising its prices would improve Microsoft's profit opportunity, and increase the speed with which this migration could happen. And long-term, the business segment that Oracle is in will get wiped out as it finds itself adding feature sets that put it upstream of any significant client-base. If Microsoft is not the party that takes advantage of this, then someone else will. But Microsoft is positioning itself to be in a good position to do this.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New A bit clearer. Thanks.
     SF Chron's take on People Soft, Oracle and the Beast's aims - (Ashton) - (2)
         Long-term threat vs short-term threat - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             A bit clearer. Thanks. -NT - (Ashton)

Brought to you by the Tennessee Valley Authority!
64 ms