IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Blown Away
Our paster has been preaching on being a servant of Jesus in his latest sermon series. He's been going into the giving of alms in Matthew 6, right after the Beatitudes, about giving for the glory of God, not for your glory.

About 1/2 way through the sermon time, he tells us to open our bulletin. Inside is a list of items that are needed by the local Plano food pantry. He says that we are going to break from church 20 minutes early, go to the grocery store, and fill a 2 axle U-Haul trailer waiting out front. The note in the bulletin says to spend what you would have spent on lunch.

Apparently, the food pantry was out (or close), and he believes in putting our faith into action.

This is why I love my church. Not only did we have a trailer full, we had 8 more cars full! We had been talking about going to this food panty to volunteer for months as a family project, and here our pastor calls us to put our faith into action on Sunday.

None of this pharisee type action here.

We unloaded the food into a 10x20 storage warehouse for the food pantry, filling it about 3/4 full on the floor, about 2 bags deep. While the adults unloaded the food, the kids were given markers and instructed to X-out the UPC codes on each food item. All the food in this 10x20 warehouse will feed 15,000 people for 1 month.

Apparently there are some addicts that are customers of the food pantry that would attempt to return the food for money (and let their kids starve), so the leader asks that the UPC codes be marked out. She should know, she was a single mother of 3 kids for 15 years living in poverty. She told be stories while unloading the food of self-righteous church behavior in denying the poor food. She was even told by a pastor that she should give her children up.

I was blown away by today. I know I'm at the right church, WOW!

New Well done! Thanks for sharing that. :-)
New Fantastic. Really.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Heard near the SCOG employee entry/exit way:

Security: We got another Mass Exodus Doorway Jam.

[image|http://images.quizilla.com/B/BaalObsidian/1080162080_cturesgod3.jpg|0|Grammar God!||]
I am a GRAMMAR GOD!
New A Jesus man your pastor - man of action & deeds. Good!

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
     Blown Away - (gdaustin) - (3)
         Well done! Thanks for sharing that. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Fantastic. Really. -NT - (folkert)
         A Jesus man your pastor - man of action & deeds. Good! -NT - (dmarker)

And if you do find me there, you won't be able to afford me.
33 ms