IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One theory
Terrorists like surprise attacks.

Think about it. You want to surprise someone with an attack. Its no fun hitting them when they expect it, the imact isn't the same.

So you wait until your victim is unsuspecting.

Of course, if your victim goes on alert, you wait until he calms down before hitting him.

IOW, announcing warnings of impending attacks might be a counter-intelligence game to make the terrorists think we know more than we do and get them to lay low until the heat is off. Sort of like walking into a darkened alley and announcing, "don't even try it, I know you're there and I'm ready for you" when you don't know anything of the kind.

Its an idea. Might be true. Probably work for a little while to buy some time.
New Sshhhh!
New Disagreement
The best time to scare someone is with something very fast in the middle of a prolonged period of anticipation.

Are we anticipating yet?

Cheers,
Ben
New Another theory
There is no immediate threat. The threat now is no greater than it was on 9/12. Or 9/10.

The theory is, we're being played. Notice how Ashhole trotted out the last "Oh-we-gotta-threat-but-I-can't-tell-you-about-it" song and dance just about the time some serious opposition to the then so-called PATRIOT act was just beginning to get organized and beginning to win converts? Then there was the vague "threat", and we ended up with the USA Act.

The theory is that Ashhole didn't get all he wanted. So we can expect to see these phantom threats a coupla more times while the USA act is "ammended" to provide the full boat of "measures" he (and his cabal) is looking for.

Some of the more fasc^H^H^H^HConservative members of Congress are already mumbling that the USA Act "doesn't go far enough in combatting Terrorism\ufffd".

Yeah, it's a Conspiracy Theory\ufffd. That doesn't automatically mean it's invalid.
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
     Which side of the Intelligence dilemma are you on? - (brettj) - (20)
         There's not a "side" to this, IMO. - (addison) - (15)
             I disagree - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                 But you didn't. :) - (addison) - (6)
                     But I did - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         Media/government - (Brandioch)
                         Terrorism isn't statistical - (kmself) - (2)
                             True but... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Repeated warnings - (wharris2)
                         NY may no longer be the top target. - (brettj)
             Good answer. - (brettj) - (6)
                 What can you do? - (Brandioch) - (5)
                     It's not so much about what to do but what to look for. - (brettj) - (4)
                         In other words: Use IT to your advantage. - (brettj) - (3)
                             Suppose you know.... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 Relax. They don't make those. - (Ashton)
                                 An ounce of prevention ... - (brettj)
         One theory - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             Sshhhh! -NT - (Ashton)
             Disagreement - (ben_tilly)
             Another theory - (jb4)

There ARE supposed to be two as-es there!
52 ms