IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Man with armored bulldozer goes apeshit in Granby CO
Been snowmobiling there often. The tree huggers were trying to put the snowmobile renters out of business. Don't wanna damage that pure driven snow.

Poor dude lost it.
-drl
New Link?
New Here.
[link|http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001948434_dozer05.html|Seattle Times]:
A muffler-shop owner reportedly angry at local government over a zoning dispute tore through town yesterday in an armored bulldozer, smashing buildings and firing shots as police tried to stop the slow-motion rampage.

Authorities were trying to blast their way into the steel-plated cab of the machine with explosives late yesterday, Grand County Emergency Management Director Jim Holihan said. At least one explosion was heard, but it was not immediately clear whether it penetrated the machine's makeshift armor.

The siege left a trail of splintered structures in this mountain tourist town, but there were no reports of injuries.

"Gunfire was just ringing out everywhere," said Sandra Tucker, who saw the bulldozer begin the rampage from her office on Main Street. "It sounded to me like an automatic rifle, firing about every second."
Alex

Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost. -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher
New Tree huggers? Snowmobiles? 'losing it?'
This has nothing to do with tree hugers and snowmobiles. This guy was pissed at the zoning board for allowing a cement factory. He didn't "lose it", he planeed this for months while building his armored bulldozer. The buildings he targeted were owned by members of the city council and city hall. This is just a plain garden variety nut case with a welding torch.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Maniac who built his own tank out of a bulldozer
is a real nutcase. I see a made for TV movie based on this headline.

I guess you can fight city hall, but you will pay for it later?

In a way, if those buildings were insured, he just did them a favor, as they will get new and better buildings now.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New Nope.. "War" is an Act of Gawd (well, that's the excuse of
Shrub + his holy acolytes), who is quite SURE that Gawd Wants Him to [do whatever the fuck it is he thinks he's doin]). How's THAT for passin the buck? "actofgawd"

As with influxes of locusts, The Amplified Guitar or cars with *whomp whomp* trunk-mounted peace destroyers: I doubt the Insurance Cabals will want to call this 'normal liability'.

But I was wrong once.
New But which Gawd?
Has Bush confused Loki for Jesus? I happen to think so. I think I made the same mistake myself. :)

[link|http://loki.ragnarokr.com/pipcrlok.htm|http://loki.ragnarokr.com/pipcrlok.htm]

Food for thought.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New Lokites appear to have two huge advantages
1) They don't imagine that they 'know' very much about the Big Game, akshully.
(Which is clearly the case for all members of the species, despite the arrant bravado and BS)

2) They possess a sense of humour about it all.
(Indispensable in any contact with homo-sap, whatsoever)

I'd even listen, if one came to my door..
But of course - one never would; too much class, I guess.

So it goes
New This story made the tv news here ... but ...

we never got to find out what happened to him.

Implication was that he got killed. The video showed the machine ramming down a building. At the end the machine was sitting idling with cops all over it.

Did we miss a final segment of the cabin being dynamited open ? :-(

Doug M

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New He shot himself.
New asleep at the wheel - he Dozed off
self-inflicted gunshot wound is what I heard.
New when you have a cop stuffing explosives in the cab
it might well be he shot what was left of him. Wonder why they just did dislodge the tracks? Or was there no interest in securing him alive?
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518

Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New When push comes to shove, we'll never get the real scoop
New Bull!
-drl
New What is bull ? - was it
Bull he was a dozer ?

Perhaps he curled up like a cat on a pillo ?

Maybe a track tore & he could no longer move the thing ?

D

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
     Man with armored bulldozer goes apeshit in Granby CO - (deSitter) - (14)
         Link? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             Here. - (a6l6e6x)
         Tree huggers? Snowmobiles? 'losing it?' - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             Maniac who built his own tank out of a bulldozer - (orion) - (3)
                 Nope.. "War" is an Act of Gawd (well, that's the excuse of - (Ashton) - (2)
                     But which Gawd? - (orion) - (1)
                         Lokites appear to have two huge advantages - (Ashton)
         This story made the tv news here ... but ... - (dmarker) - (6)
             He shot himself. -NT - (inthane-chan)
             asleep at the wheel - he Dozed off - (ChrisR) - (4)
                 when you have a cop stuffing explosives in the cab - (boxley) - (1)
                     When push comes to shove, we'll never get the real scoop -NT - (ChrisR)
                 Bull! -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                     What is bull ? - was it - (dmarker)

My other car is an LRPD.
117 ms