IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So what your saying is
You believe every one of us in the military are incompetant, amoral tyrants bent on making the US unlivable.

What the poll tells me is that there are many people who understand that everybody in the military cannot be judged by the actions of a few that were put in extremely unusual conditions (and may or may not have been ordered to do what they did). The poll tells me that many still know that we are trying our best to improve the world that we live in even though we sometimes make mistakes. They know that only our mistakes make the news, the good that we do seldom does, and when it does, it's not Headline news. But they know that their sons and daughters are doing more good than bad.

Just because the poll doesn't fit with your opinion, doesn't make it wrong. Nor does it show a country that is collapsing. It shows a country that despite some dissidents, is holding together fairly well.

But don't worry, we'll continue to fight for your right to be an idiot
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Re: So what your saying is
No - I'm saying a country that derives its *primary value* from militarism is as good as dead. Jefferson knew it, and I know it.

I revere the military when they do the right thing. I don't trust this one or its stewards - and piss on you if you think I need or want your help. And save your self-inflated bleating and narcissistic back-patting. I'm a patriot - you're just Yankee cannon fodder.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter June 4, 2004, 07:14:07 PM EDT
New What?
Milatirism as 'Primary value'? That may be what some desire, but assuredly not all. -10 points, sweeping generalization penalty.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Oh?
Haven't you heard the constant streak of ass-kissing for anything wearing a uniform?

Did you notice how fast the torture scandal passed over? What was that phrase that Bush used over and over - "rape rooms"? Was he there at Thanksgiving? What did he really do with that plastic turkey?

Read the piece by Vonnegut linked by Box.

I carry my Dad's wings and his 8th AAC shoulder patch everywhere I go. Those guys were soldiers, and they didn't get their asses constantly handed to them by whacked out camel jockies. This military is a preening high-tech disaster that can't fight its way out of a cotton ball, led by sycophants and idiots, topping out at the Rumperor. My Dad's people didn't go around trying to save the world, just their own lives and humanity. It was a lousy job but someone had to do it. Hey - the job's done. They did it, not you. You weren't there. It ain't coming back - get over it.

We don't need your help. When we do, we'll call you, bet on it. And if you're good Americans you'll answer the call. But this marketing gimmick called an all-volunteer army is complete bullshit. We're in grave danger, friends. We're pulling people from Korea and Germany - what's next?

I want the American round-helmeted army back.

-drl
New Some advice.
Find some way to relax.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
     Poll: No confidence in any major institutions - (deSitter) - (7)
         That's not what I got from the poll - (hnick) - (1)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
         So what your saying is - (Steven A S) - (4)
             Re: So what your saying is - (deSitter) - (3)
                 What? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Oh? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Some advice. - (Silverlock)

Does this snake smell funny to you?
95 ms