IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, something is different
I've known many people from the services. Something changed around the time of Reagan. Like cop, what once was a Joe job became a crusade. We are becoming Germans. Note: Germans pick on little people until big ones come along, then they always lose.
-drl
New Yep, maybe about that time.
Figures. I couldn't verify from current military experience, of course. But I encountered and in some cases 'knew' many 'official' military types from grunts through Generals.. lots of retired of those around Pacific Beach (S. Diego) in those days. Most all decent, alert - and some damn funny.

Norman Rockwell quite certainly over Charles Manson. Then.

I can only guess with (all) the rest.. how much of a steady diet of violent 'action' plots from cradle to grave (earlier and earlier grave for many in the cities) -?- has contributed to the dehumanize game. R e p e t i t i o n Works.

It's much harder to teach discrimination - usually only by example - than to fill not-particularly-Bright jelloware with slogans of opposites and Good/Bad Us/Them shit of the century-old kind. It needs a truly *decent* educational system, one funded, cared about and overseen by actual Citizens (who vote) - to even think of a "liberal education". What we sorta gots is 'bizness skool'.

We have oozed-down to that very much less; today it's luck + sweat to escape a ed-ja-Kay-shun, the ersatz model. Not many yout want to sweat just to knowstuff, I think.

The stupid fucking *COPS* Tee Vee chase programs show the mindset for recruitment, maybe not just for Cops.. today. Join your doughnut buddies to roust a few more helpless and/or broke ones for a Sat. nite entertainment chase; kill someone who panicked over a bad stoplight rap. Then gloat.

(W.T.F. IS that guy on that series? I've seen maybe 30 minutes over 4-5 tries to 'watch', and it's always that same sanctimonious creep making pious homilies, at the 9 yo level.)

Can the military come from any much different milieu, Post-Ronnie, given that the school, infrastructure money has all been sucked into the Corporate + Corp-military 3%. Should we be surprised?

Ashton

New Agree re conditioning

Re the rhyme mentioned in 1st link. If troops are in a strange land (read Iraq) and that rhyme is 'embedded' in brain & a car is driving towards soldier
in the dark & he "lights it up" then later sees it contains burnt corpses of 1 man, 2 women 3 kids & 1 baby. The rhyme eases the reaction & eases the way forward for the next 'lighting up' episode that produces similar results.

Doug M

(I have heard estimates of up to 10,000 civilian casualties (collaterals) in Iraq. Many dies as above). The ultimate liberation.

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
     "The military's hazing hell" - (Ashton) - (11)
         Re: "The military's hazing hell" - (deSitter)
         More from the pig files - (deSitter)
         Is this regional ??? - (dmarker) - (3)
             Must be local to Annapolis - (jbrabeck)
             well our DI was the first DI to address the first women - (boxley)
             Re: Is this regional ??? - (Ashton)
         Yes, sure, the job of the military - (Arkadiy) - (4)
             - -NT - (deSitter)
             No, something is different - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Yep, maybe about that time. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Agree re conditioning - (dmarker)

Ergh... bring me a bucket!
197 ms