IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fallen off the Vegi wagon for awhile.
In recent weeks I have been studying the cuisines of India, primarily vegetarian. To extend that to the meat cuisines I recently did a couple of lamb curries, a beef curry and pork vindaloo.

Last Saturday, however, I went across to Vons for something or other and noticed they had big sides of pork ribs at a very low price. Now I have mentioned before my weakness for processed pig parts, and that extends to unprocessed pig parts as well, so I bought a tray.

Feeling it was the patriotic thing to do, I grilled a few on Memorial Day (I rarely grill stuff), but there were plenty left. This evening I decided I was tired of Indian (Peter won't let me use the "W" word) and thought a few pig ribs simmered in sauerkraut would be a good change.

Just for hints I referred to my Danube Valley cookbook and found a recipe for pig parts in sauerkraut I decided to try it, but it called for starting with a few strips of bacon which I don't stock, so back across to Vons.

I got the bacon, but alas, I noticed a large tray of chicken thighs at a very good price and figured, "I need some chicken for the next phase of my Indian cooking thing", so I tossed them in the basket.

But wow! big trays of pig's feet right here in La Crescenta? Amazing! So a tray of pig's feet went into the basket.

So the pig's feet have been boiled the required 3 hours and are resting peacefully in their pickle (for 3 to 5 days, if I can keep my hands off them). The pig parts in sauerkraut (with sausage and potatoes) were as good as expected (but pig parts in sauerkraut - how can you miss?), and I have a pile of chicken in the freeze that needs to be used up - and still some more pig ribs.

Oh well . . .
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New You're fishing for it, aren't you? (new thread)
Created as new thread #158231 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=158231|You're fishing for it, aren't you?]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Well, the pickled pig's feet are turning out well.
Just had to sample some today. Not as pretty as the commercial products, but definitely tastier (different seasonings).

Of the commercial products, Hormel makes the absolute worst as I recall. Mushy, greasy and poor flavor. I suspect other major meat packing houses are no better, but because of the Mexican population we have several smaller brands here in SoCal that are pretty good.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Fallen off the Vegi wagon for awhile. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         You're fishing for it, aren't you? (new thread) - (CRConrad)
         Well, the pickled pig's feet are turning out well. - (Andrew Grygus)

Will the real LRPD please stand up?
53 ms