IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: roadblocks, unless done by Immigration or in hot pursuit
Are you sure that there isn't an implied consent when on public roads? For example, at least in the states I've lived, a breathalyzer is sort of mandatory. Of course you don't _have_ to take it based on the 5th amendment, but the penalties for refusing are exactly the same as a DWI.

What I'd like to see some case law on is the _avoidance_ of a roadblock. If you are driving down a road, and you see a roadblock, then perform a legal U-turn, is that probable cause?

I will possibly find out tonight. IANAL, but we're having some friends over this weekend, one of whom is a very liberal defense lawyer who handles lots of cases involving questions like this. Quick example: there was a nazi march in oregon, and a big protest march against it. A cop arrested one guy and searched (with no warrant) his backpack, which contained shoes, bread, and peanut butter. The cop's "cause" was that the backpack looked "suspicious." The jury didn't buy it.

I'll post something about this later.
FAQ! We're scrod!
New In 1983 a roadblock was announced in Anchorage for a
New Years Eve DUI Check. Word got out and people drove from miles around to refuse to stop. We went thru with our windows up holding signs saying we refused consent to search, no arrests were ade and the legislature qickly put thru a law forbidding such acts.
thanx,
bill
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Why is moving my body down the road a "privilege"? - (deSitter) - (5)
         Its not the movement that is the privilege... - (jb4)
         Moving is not a privilege - (inthane-chan)
         roadblocks, unless done by Immigration or in hot pursuit - (boxley) - (2)
             Re: roadblocks, unless done by Immigration or in hot pursuit - (rickw) - (1)
                 In 1983 a roadblock was announced in Anchorage for a - (boxley)

This is to prove I can paint like Titian.
33 ms