My instructor told me I was working too hard, but tonight she told me that I scored the highest in the class for last class! Now we started part 2 of the class, another 5 weeks, more material to read, more tests, more assignments, etc.

I have a 3.89 GPA now, studying for 40 to 60 hours a week shows by the results.

Heh heh, Lindows/Linspire is tricky. They are getting people who are upset by Microsoft, but want to pay for an alternative. While it is sneaky, it makes perfect business sense to limit the user's option to use their CNR application to download and install software from for $5/month. That is about $60/year if they pay per month, and $55/year if they pay per year. Most of the downloads are F/OSS software which costs CNR members no extra fee to download, but non-members cannot download anything but OS updates. Getting Apt-Get working ensures that I can download F/OSS software without using the slick CNR interface. Now that I got the GNU Unix development tools, I can download tarballs and run the config and make scripts to install things.

I have a web server running Linspire right now, at xormad.com or normad.com and right now I have the GPL SNITZ forums in ASP on port 4096 under XP Pro, but I hope to get PHPBB running which is superior to SNITZ and then close down the IIS server. I even downloaded the source code to this zIWT forum and might play a bit with that. Of course all this is pending when I can find the free-time to play with Linux and associated files and programs. My Linux admin skills are a bit rusty, but I am cleaning them up. I forgot a lot, but I am picking things up quick. I did migrate everything from IIS to Apache 2.0, except the SNITZ forums. Ah heck if I get the free time to learn PHP and Python, I might try and help Scott out in converting the forum to PHP or add more features to it. That is a mighty big if, maybe I'll do it after I graduate? Then I can try to contribute something back to IWETHEY for all the bandwidth I've wasted on it. :)