IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bob Herbert on Bush and the war
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/24/opinion/24HERB.html|Did Somebody Say War?]

"...There's a terrible sense of dread filtering across America at the moment and it's not simply because of the continuing fear of terrorism and the fact that the nation is at war. It's more frightening than that. It grows out of the suspicion that we all may be passengers in a vehicle that has made a radically wrong turn and is barreling along a dark road, with its headlights off and with someone behind the wheel who may not know how to drive. "

New Here's a link to the CBS 60 Minutes with Zinni.
[link|http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/21/60minutes/main618896.shtml|60 Minutes]:
Zinni is talking about a group of policymakers within the administration known as "the neo-conservatives" who saw the invasion of Iraq as a way to stabilize American interests in the region and strengthen the position of Israel. They include Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz; Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith; Former Defense Policy Board member Richard Perle; National Security Council member Eliot Abrams; and Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

Zinni believes they are political ideologues who have hijacked American policy in Iraq.

\ufffdI think it's the worst kept secret in Washington. That everybody - everybody I talk to in Washington has known and fully knows what their agenda was and what they were trying to do,\ufffd says Zinni.

\ufffdAnd one article, because I mentioned the neo-conservatives who describe themselves as neo-conservatives, I was called anti-Semitic. I mean, you know, unbelievable that that's the kind of personal attacks that are run when you criticize a strategy and those who propose it. I certainly didn't criticize who they were. I certainly don't know what their ethnic religious backgrounds are. And I'm not interested.\ufffd
It's what I've been saying.
Alex

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." -- Winston Churchill
     Bob Herbert on Bush and the war - (bluke) - (1)
         Here's a link to the CBS 60 Minutes with Zinni. - (a6l6e6x)

Better get a sitter for the kids and spend our waning hours dry-humping amongst a bunch of stalagtites.
32 ms