IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Way We Eat Now
[link|http://www.harvard-magazine.com/on-line/050465.html|http://www.harvard-m...-line/050465.html]

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Request:
Stop putting "cheers" before your name... invariably you're posting some god-awfully depressing stuff about death or the economy.

;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I'm trying to COUNTERACT what I'm posting about...
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Last 18 months, I dropped from BMI of 33.9 to 24
Feelin' pretty good about it. My current joke is, "I've deflated the tire, now I need to lose the rubber")

Did I mention I had McDonald's for lunch today? (A 250-cal salad, but still >:)
New On the other hand, I have my preferences.
I'm not saying sex with thin women is gong to be bad, just that it's likely to be better with a woman who has a bit of thickness on her. BMI 24 to 28 is probably a good range.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Depends on the arrangement, I suspect.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Bruises in the wrong place HURT.
New Interesting read, thanks.
It's not just viewing too much TV that makes you fat, though. I had managed to do it, quite succesfully, without watching TV :)

Fortunately the 'had' is the important word in the above sentence.

(And for Greg's benefit - this means I'm not as fat now as I used to be. It doesn't mean I am now packing on the pounds with the help of too much television. Thanks. ;)

One thing they didn't mention, that I've heard is a factor for many people (myself included) was, for want of a better term, the 'food must not ever go to waste' mentality. As a kid, I was always told to eat all my dinner, because our father worked hard to put it on the table, or there are starving kids in Africa*, etc. To throw food away was a dreadful thing. And it took me ages to get over it! :)

Anyway, was an interesting article, thanks for posting it.

* The obvious response, of course: "Well send them the Brussels Sprouts, then!"
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Re: food must not ever go to waste.
That's ingrained in me as well. Not only did my parents drill that into me, I personally experienced hunger during and after WW-II.

Alex

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." -- Winston Churchill
New There is a cure
In the bottle before you is a pill, a marvel of modern medicine that will regulate gene transcription throughout your body, helping prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and 12 kinds of cancer \ufffd plus gallstones and diverticulitis. Expect the pill to improve your strength and balance as well as your blood lipid profile. Your bones will become stronger. You'll grow new capillaries in your heart, your skeletal muscles, and your brain, improving blood flow and the delivery of oxygen and nutrients. Your attention span will increase. If you have arthritis, your symptoms will improve. The pill will help you regulate your appetite and you'll probably find you prefer healthier foods. You'll feel better, younger even, and you will test younger according to a variety of physiologic measures. Your blood volume will increase, and you'll burn fats better. Even your immune system will be stimulated. There is just one catch. [link|http://www.harvardmagazine.com/on-line/030407.html|...]
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New I like
I also clicked "next" a few times at the bottom and saw some other good articles.

I'm a little saddened that I'm apparently in the "exercise elite" in America. I don't do much, but as they say, the norm is so low that you don't have to do much to do more than the vast majority of the USA...

Cheers,
Ben
New Good article
Read it while cooking 4 lbs of pork chop on the grill.

Ahh, pork, the other white meat.
New Interesting read
Especially towards the middle where it talks about chewing and the skull, mouth and teeth getting smaller (and bones getting thinner.) This sort of struck me oddly with a little interesting thought I had years ago. This was something that just popped in my head and made for an interesting and twisted possibility.

As those of you may have read in the Religion forum, I'm one of those "Show me the money!" type people. I like to see proof of stuff or at least like to know I can easily seek out proof so I'm not a believer of this phenomenon but it does have a small degree of shallow interest from a sci-fi perspective. I'm talking about aliens. Specifically those little thin grey ones. Should they exist, what if they're us? After eons of evolution and genetic engineering. At some point they've screwed up and doomed themselves to extinction (or something along those lines.) So they come back to various places in time to take genetic samples for experiments to add some genetic diversity back into themselves, maybe through the breeding of hybrids to have the best of both "species." This type of activity doesn't really mess with the timeline to any significance.

This was even before I read W. A. Harbinson's Projekt Saucer books which has some degree of parallelism (human aliens) except for the time travel stuff. I've always thought those books would make for an interesting multi-year TV mini-series.
lister
     The Way We Eat Now - (ben_tilly) - (12)
         Request: - (admin) - (1)
             I'm trying to COUNTERACT what I'm posting about... -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Last 18 months, I dropped from BMI of 33.9 to 24 - (FuManChu)
         On the other hand, I have my preferences. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Depends on the arrangement, I suspect. -NT - (admin)
             Bruises in the wrong place HURT. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Interesting read, thanks. - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Re: food must not ever go to waste. - (a6l6e6x)
         There is a cure - (cforde) - (1)
             I like - (ben_tilly)
         Good article - (broomberg)
         Interesting read - (lister)

Here lies my beloved Zoë, my autumn flower, somewhat less attractive now she's all corpsified and gross…
98 ms