IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's what's missing in Powell and Dubya.
I abhorred the policies of RR, but the fact that he said what he did in your post is what I miss now. Is it good for the President of the United States, for a former Head of the Joint Chiefs and Secretary of State to boast of being bad students?

It's like they're saying, "See, we're marginal and we're a success!" How, exactly, are the parents of the schoolchildren who hear such things supposed to nuture a desire for learning and understanding when we have these bozos at the top of our pyramid?
New For the humor impared among us....
Reagan was joking! He _was_ actually boasting on how far he went despite being a mediocre student. Think about it: just _how_ much further could he have gone?

One more note: my point was - call Powel dumb, or a smooser, or whatever, but you can't call him underachiever. He acheived the highest goal in his choosen path. And then some.
Expand Edited by Arkadiy Oct. 29, 2001, 04:13:23 PM EST
New Well, he could have been a *Good* President ;-)
New What would you have them do...
tell all the kids that they'll never amount to anything unless they get straight A's?

Aside from that...I don't see a whole lot of junior high kids reading Colin Powell's book. But if Britney Spears comes out and says she was a lackluster student we'll probably have wholesale revolt.

Land of Opportunity....all bookworms unite!
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New So, we should be lead by the LCD?
New Re: So, we should be lead by the LCD?
No, by CRT. Or by LSD.

:0)

(ducks)
New Leadership is not taught in books.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Is it Me? - (mmoffitt) - (14)
         Yep...it is. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
             And which of so many ways do you mean that? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Just answering the question posed ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
         Powel was a very mediocre student - (Arkadiy) - (10)
             Why... - (bepatient) - (8)
                 Underachiever - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                     That's what's missing in Powell and Dubya. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         For the humor impared among us.... - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Well, he could have been a *Good* President ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         What would you have them do... - (bepatient) - (3)
                             So, we should be lead by the LCD? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Re: So, we should be lead by the LCD? - (Arkadiy)
                                 Leadership is not taught in books. -NT - (bepatient)
             Powell is a great schmoozer - (wharris2)

I'm sorry, I came here for an argument!
65 ms