IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No go
Went to ATI's site, and they said to go to the notebook manufacturer's site for Mobility chipsets. Went to Gateway, and the driver they had was older than the one that was loaded. I tried it just in case they had reverted to the older driver. Didn't fix the problem at all.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Last ditch
Try the drivers on this site:

[link|http://www.omegacorner.com/|http://www.omegacorner.com/]
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New Third party drivers are not an option
Besides, I'm fairly certain it's not video drivers now.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.

General George S. Patton
New Agree
IE doesn't always fill new browser windows with a background before drawing the content, so if something causes displaying that content to hang, the symptom you describe can occur.

Are the OS installs on these from scratch or are you reconfiguring the default OEM install? If the later, is there anything similar to the following running?

[link|http://groups.google.com/groups?q=toshiba+laptop+ie+window+open&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&selm=3689e993.0309051151.2df853d5%40posting.google.com&rnum=2|http://groups.google...google.com&rnum=2]

--
Chris Altmann
New Trying the brute force method
Having my Computer folks wipe one of the laptops, then reinstall OS only, and security patches; and test it from there. If that works, they'll install only required programs (none of Gateway's apps). Hope this works
~~~)-Steven----

General George S. Patton
New Resolved
We found an apparent incompatibility with another program with no apparent connection to either IE or java. The application was Rumba v 7.0, a terminal program that we use as a backup to access our primary database. The older version of this software doesn't cause this problem.

Thank you all for the help.
~~~)-Steven----

General George S. Patton
New Rumba, isn't that a dance, sorta like a Samba? (my bad ;-j)
New That was my second guess. :-)
New Curious - MF or AS/400 Rumba?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New All we see is the Windows client
~~~)-Steven----

General George S. Patton
     Has anybody seen this Internet Exploder problem - (Steven A S) - (25)
         Sounds like a graphics driver problem to me. Maybe? -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
             I don't believe so - (Steven A S) - (11)
                 Do that. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                     No go - (Steven A S) - (9)
                         Last ditch - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                             Third party drivers are not an option - (Steven A S) - (7)
                                 Agree - (altmann) - (6)
                                     Trying the brute force method - (Steven A S) - (5)
                                         Resolved - (Steven A S) - (4)
                                             Rumba, isn't that a dance, sorta like a Samba? (my bad ;-j) -NT - (jbrabeck)
                                             That was my second guess. :-) -NT - (ChrisR)
                                             Curious - MF or AS/400 Rumba? -NT - (imric) - (1)
                                                 All we see is the Windows client -NT - (Steven A S)
         Re: Has anybody seen this Internet Exploder problem - (andread) - (11)
             WTF does Sun Java have to do with target="_blank"? -NT - (Yendor) - (10)
                 If it not be Microsoft it be CRAAAAAAP? -NT - (pwhysall)
                 learn to read - (andread) - (8)
                     Nope. I'm not comprehension-impaired, either. - (Yendor) - (7)
                         First, applets are not run in a separte program (process) - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                             IE behavior for JavaScript - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                 Re: IE behavior for JavaScript - (Steven A S) - (2)
                                     Once you get into that la-la land, all bets are off -NT - (Arkadiy)
                                     Yes - (ben_tilly)
                             Eh? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Applets have nothing to do with java script - (Arkadiy)

I am LRPD, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.
61 ms