IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Very well worded.

Here at work I am being approached by people (incl IT General Managers) to help sort out problems on both work & home pcs regarding Spyware. The secretary of one of the company's divisional managers had also approached IT to help her deal with out of control pop-ups. Thus far AdAware has been able to achieve the best results & SpyBot & others a close 2nd.

I would like to use your write-up (suitibly atributed & slightly modified) for use to distribute to our own IT & other user areas.

Thanks for making it available.

Cheers

Doug
(Daughter of one of our IT GM's had her PC so choked up with pop-ups that dad had decided to re-install OS but had talked to me 1st - AdAware cleaned it up but Dad also had to suggest to daughter to be far more careful (like her sister) of free downloads & emails)

New I couldn't mention anti spyware tools.
Since the free versions are "for personal use only" I can't have anything referring to it seem to have a company imprimatur.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Passed it on to IT GMs almost as was ...

When it came to attribution I realised that I didn't actually know your
full name so made a big presumption & said provided by an 'IT friend'.

I asked the GM applicable, this morning, what he thought of it and was he going to release it to the company - over 4500 people.

He said yes it was excellent but just at the moment we have the auditors in and are having to deal with the issue of policy on downloading software so yes we want to use this excellent write-up, but 1st we want to resolve the matter of company policy on this downloading of software.

Because of my additional role as security advisor, I agree with the approach.

When the deed gets done I will let you know and will let you know peoples reactions.

Cheers Doug

New The name's not a secret
I just don't like it tied to all of my over the top rants.

Don Richards

Thanks for the feedback BTW. A few here have said they liked it. The only requested change was to remove the mention of IE as root cause. They don't want people using other browsers because too many of our custom apps (expenses, time cards and so on) require MS specific crap and would end up "broken".
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
     A letter to my users - (Silverlock) - (7)
         Cackle - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Darn - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 What?!? No forced install of Moz of Opera?!? -NT - (jb4)
         Very well worded. - (dmarker) - (3)
             I couldn't mention anti spyware tools. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 Passed it on to IT GMs almost as was ... - (dmarker) - (1)
                     The name's not a secret - (Silverlock)

I tried it. Little sweet explosions with disgusting texture. It was awful.
263 ms