IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Thank god they didn't surpass Goldberg's record

(I think it was Goldberg) who shot all those Muslims in the back while kneeling in prayer, at the tomb of David.

At the time it was sooo clear that act would reverberate for decades to come. May will pay for it.

Cheers

Doug
New Re: Remembered - Twas Goldstein - not Goldberg (-NM)
New Not yet...
The difference is that Goldstein was a lone person who cracked (he was a doctor who had tended many friends shot in terrorist attacks), his actions were roundly condemned by Jews worldwide and by the Israeli government. In Pakistan on the other hand this attack was carried out by an organized group. This is probably just the first shot. I am pretty sure that there will be more attacks, etc. This attack is just an extension of the attacks on the World Trade Center. Nor is this phenomena confined to Pakistan. In Indonesia radical Moslems went around to the hotels looking for Americans warning them to leave or be killed. In Nigeria Christians were massacred by Moslems 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately this is not a new phenomenon in the Muslim world.

Take a look at this.
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/south/10/28/gen.pak.christian.shooting/index.html|Pakistan gunmen kill 15 Christians]
"A 1986 law that makes blasphemy against the Prophet Mohammad punishable by death has been used to intimidate religious minorities, including Christians, rights groups say.
About 2,500 peope are said to be in jail or to face charges for blasphemy."

It is not that far to go from this law to killing Christians. In fact in 1997, exactly that happened [link|http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/south_asia/newsid_1624000/1624223.stm|Christians massacred in Pakistan]
"In 1997, Muslim rioters in southern Punjab burned and looted hundreds of Christians' homes and ransacked 13 churches and a school, accusing some Christians of committing blasphemy against the Prophet Mohammed."

New Re: Not yet...

Thanks for the info re Goldstein, I think he cracked too - what was disconcerting to me was the Jewish settlers who later called him 'Saint Goldstein' & truly believed it.

But I gotta say that the Moulaccas killing of Christians was bizzare in that they were just a tiny pocketful of Christians in a country that boasts 60-70% muslim. The disturbing thing was that OBL's El Qaeda people were sending their Afghan trained fighters to Indonesia to kill these Christians who previously had lived in peace in the area.

I have said here many times & say it again, Pakistan is between a rock & a hard place but Indonesia is the next major trouble spot. I would beg to be proven wrong.

The crazies in Indonesia, backed by crazies from El Qaeda could do untold damage & mayhem - 230 million population - largest Muslim country in the world & currently very unstable & volotile.

I currently think of Pakistan as more controlable than Indonesia & that is an awful admision.

Cheers

Doug Marker
New Re: Goldstein
It was a very small minority of people who called him a saint and even those did not agree with what he did.
New You are right on about Indonesia
[link|http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/primenews/story/0,1870,80369,00.html?|Indonesia risks becoming like Balkans]
"JAKARTA - Indonesia risked becoming the Balkans of the eastern hemisphere, given the ongoing ethnic and religious conflicts racking the archipelago, President Megawati Sukarnoputri warned yesterday."
     The beginning of the end in Pakistan? - (bluke) - (8)
         Re: Thank god they didn't surpass Goldberg's record - (dmarker2) - (5)
             Re: Remembered - Twas Goldstein - not Goldberg (-NM) -NT - (dmarker2)
             Not yet... - (bluke) - (3)
                 Re: Not yet... - (dmarker2) - (2)
                     Re: Goldstein - (bluke)
                     You are right on about Indonesia - (bluke)
         Science predicts meltdown in Pakistan - (marlowe) - (1)
             Well.. at least it's modeled in the language of - (Ashton)

At the end of the day, it's still North Dakota.
71 ms