IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is unfortunate that this surprises
I like a lot of what you link to, and I mostly agree with you. I don't generally see any individual post as being occasion to comment though, so you likely aren't aware of that.

Unfortunately this makes the irritating habits that you do have even more irritating to me. From time to time this results in criticisms, so you're aware of that irritation.

This leads to your having an impression that is far more negative than my real opinion.

While the "you" here is specifically lincoln, lincoln is far from the only person who this happens with. So if you're not lincoln but you suspect that this description could apply, you might be right.

Furthermore I'd guess that I'm not the only person whose posts as a whole can readily be interpreted as overly negative. Which is something that everyone could benefit from remembering from time to time.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New lincoln is a wry commentator on human nature
knows when its his turn to buy a brew and that is priceless!
thanx,
bill
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New brownie points
I'll take 'em when I can get 'em.

If you ever come to Oil Town, I'll buy the first round or two...
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New I don't find your posts negative.
Arrogant, yes. Negative, no.

I'm only kidding ;0)

Actually, although you have seldom agreed with me, I am always heartened when you do reply to one of my posts as I have a generally very high regard for your views.
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New Thank you
I don't, generally speaking, consider myself arrogant; I'd favor 'cranky' or some similar adjective. I try to avoid a "piling on" type post where I'd be the 10th or 20th to basically support a thread base since by the time I get there, there's almost nothing left to say that hasn't been said previously.

I haven't focused on what topics or opinions we don't agree on. Disagreement can lead to debating and forcing oneself to examine his/her own views to validate the foundations required to support them. I have no problem with that.

lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
New Sorry, intended that for Ben.
I don't think we (lincoln and I) have disagreed much - happily :-)

Edit: And I do have a very high regard for your views, lincoln ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt May 13, 2004, 05:00:22 PM EDT
New Accepted
We can agree and we can disagree on various topics - that's one main reason this community exists IMHO. And once again, thanks for your kind words.
lincoln
New Appreciate your contributions
too.

The irony 'here' is: once Discworld has adsorbed a quote into LRPD-PhaseSpace, all attributions vanish anyway! :-\ufffd

"The reason that academic infighting is so vicious is that so little is at stake.."

[Variously worded and attrib. to our very own Dr. Strangelove]; I Wonder Who's Kissinger Now? - who likely stole it. As in,

Oscar:
I wish I'd said that!
Dinner guest at end of table:
Don't worry, Oscar ... You will ... You will.
New Perhaps
but in the earlier thread: I read into your post that I had little, if nothing, original to say; that everything I had ever posted was plagarized and in quite a lot of words I believed you called me a "liar".

I didn't take kindly to the insinuation, as I'm sure you noticed. If you didn't mean to call me a liar and I'm wrongfully accussing you of calling me a liar, then I apologize for the false accusation on my part. But if you DID intend to use that specific label, then that's a whole nother ball of wax. If you did intend to do so, then the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" applies and the burden of proof falls upon you. Google to your heart's content and validate every instance that you can find. Till then, my words are my words.

lincoln
New I really didn't mean to imply that you're a liar
You posted lots of quotes without attribution. My default assumption in that case - for anyone - is to assume that most of those quotes are by other people. So I'd never thought that you originated most of them. Nor did I think that you'd tried to claim it.

So my saying that I believed that most of them weren't original to you wasn't an accusation of lying. It was a statement of what I expect to be the case when someone keeps on coming up with decent quotes. It is also what I'd expect other people to believe of me. (And in my case, they'd be right!)

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
     It is unfortunate that this surprises - (ben_tilly) - (9)
         lincoln is a wry commentator on human nature - (boxley) - (1)
             brownie points - (lincoln)
         I don't find your posts negative. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Thank you - (lincoln) - (3)
                 Sorry, intended that for Ben. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Accepted - (lincoln) - (1)
                         Appreciate your contributions - (Ashton)
         Perhaps - (lincoln) - (1)
             I really didn't mean to imply that you're a liar - (ben_tilly)