IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The nature of the pics made this clear from the start

They always looked like the type of pics intended to show the prisoners & use as leverage.

It also looked quite clear that the young girl(s) who posed in them, was asked to partake because the humiliation was made so much greater by having her(them) pose the way she(they) did.

The photos (& the volume of them) never looked like 'holiday souvenir)' pics that soldiers were taking just for the fun of it.

But, the girl & the guard(s) make the easiest targets for outrage & revenge & will possibly help the 'authorities' to hide the real culprits, the interogators who ordered (requested) the actions to be taken & photographed.

What is telling is that it seems just a few people have lots of these photos.

I still believe that the humiliation photos are actually helping to hide the bigger scandal & that is the deaths in custody. Thus far there are (that have been reported in Australian press) 23 being investigated by US people & 10 or more by British people (I don't actually know who is doing the investigating, the wording implies it is authorities of some sort).

Of the US 23, it is stated that 2 were provable homicides, another was an 'escape' & the others still being looked into. All these reported deaths in custody are for both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Doug M

New The female in the picture is enjoing herself way too much
for it to be a professional interrogator's shot. I do think it was a trophy picture indeed. SOmething to show when you you tell your friends about your trip to the towelhead country.
--

Buy high, sell sober.
New But why pose for so many of them ?

I buy the stupid girl's story that she was in fact the wrong idiot in the wrong stupid place at the wrong time.

She isn't blameless, just the product of the above, and unfortunately 'the face' to hate.

Doug
New The more the merrier?
More people in the picture actually make it harder to use for balckmail.
--

Buy high, sell sober.
Expand Edited by Arkadiy May 12, 2004, 08:54:32 AM EDT
New She was only following orders.
That's what she says.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Which is why her boyfriend is in the pics too, I guess.
"Hey, honey... guess what I was just told to do... wanna come along?"
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New as to who was giving the orders? here is a clue
[link|http://www.antiwar.com/justin/|http://www.antiwar.com/justin/]
Donald Rumsfeld directly to the scandal, and the Republicans were so busy defending their man (and the war) that neither bothered much to mention the key culprits, as identified in the Taguba report:

"I find that there is sufficient credible information to warrant an Inquiry UP Procedure 15, AR 381-10, U.S. Army Intelligence Activities, be conducted to determine the extent of culpability of M[ilitary] I[intelligence] personnel, assigned to the 205th MI Brigade and the Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center (JIDC) at Abu Ghraib (BCCF). Specifically, I suspect that COL Thomas M. Pappas, LTC Steve L. Jordan, Mr. Steven Stephanowicz [sic], and Mr. John Israel were either directly or indirectly responsible for the abuses at Abu Ghraib (BCCF) and strongly recommend immediate disciplinary action as described in the preceding paragraphs as well as the initiation of a Procedure 15 Inquiry to determine the full extent of their culpability."
it then goes on to describe these contractors. Interesting.
thanx,
bill
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New New meaning for Conslutant; now a permanent word.
New Hmmm, now where have I heard that before?
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
     Pictures to be used for blackmail? - (JayMehaffey) - (15)
         Amature Interrigations, Inc. - (tablizer) - (1)
             I think the TLA you're looking for is JAL... - (jb4)
         The nature of the pics made this clear from the start - (dmarker) - (8)
             The female in the picture is enjoing herself way too much - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                 But why pose for so many of them ? - (dmarker) - (6)
                     The more the merrier? - (Arkadiy)
                     She was only following orders. - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Which is why her boyfriend is in the pics too, I guess. - (admin)
                         as to who was giving the orders? here is a clue - (boxley) - (1)
                             New meaning for Conslutant; now a permanent word. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Hmmm, now where have I heard that before? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         well nekkid with hoods on I would say - (boxley) - (3)
             You would know. Isn't that enough? -NT - (altmann) - (2)
                 No I have much worse pictures in my head - (boxley) - (1)
                     The nature of shame for these guys goes - (dmarker)

When things get freaky... and get NASTY... blame it on the BOOGIE!
100 ms