IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: sleight-of-hand

This is as I expected. But what I find disheartning is that it is the same as just before the invasion of Iraq when Bush admin kept whipping up 9/11 emotion (also fuelled by the anthrax attacks) to condition the public for the invasion.

Same pattern is emerging again.

If it continues like this it can only get worse from the perspective of vengefull Arabs/Muslims wanting to take us down.

I will probably pull out of the debate if it keeps going down this path - it took me most of a year to get over the last propaganda crusade and the results.
I had a lot of hostility to work out (at what repubs had done to us all in reagard to Arab peoples and the UN. I felt there were so many in IWETHEY who willing took the bait & went along for the ride. I don't want to go through this again).

Interestingly, I feel that those of us who questioned, in detail, what was happeing just pre-during & post Iraq invasion, provided mountains of evidence of deceptions, have largely been vindicated. The mood in the US has changed markedly but I like you, feel there is worse coming as repubs try to regain their agenda & public support. This can *only* be achived by Goebbels like distortion & 'mis-truths' which seems already appearing.

We are moving into bad times yet again.

Doug M

New The level of speech shall reflect ONE agenda -
Absolutely *anything* will be said towards getting (not re-) elected for the first time. ANYTHING via any illogic as seems to tempt the Believers into disregarding their sense(s): will be tried; Loudly. They NEED the highest possible noise level to stamp out any respite for a few minutes of thought.

To expect some catharsis and coming clean? is purest fantasy. Alas.

SIX months of Pure Nastiness at full shout + Flags waving.

{{ugh}}
New Doug,
you're from outta town, so you really couldn't know, but "Goebbels like distortion & 'mis-truths'" have been standard operating procedure around here since, oh, about the middle of January, 2001.

It's just that it has become more transparent recently, and the level of indefensibility (and therfore, the need to fabricate biggern and more fantastic "truths") has escalated beyond even our wildest fears.
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

sleight-of-hand - (rcareaga) - (5)
         Re: sleight-of-hand - (dmarker) - (2)
             The level of speech shall reflect ONE agenda - - (Ashton)
             Doug, - (jb4)
         You fool. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Switching to my neo-con hat ... - (dmarker)

I'm away from zIWT for a day or two and look what happens! That'll learn me.
135 ms