when one has to compute the geometric mean. :)

After reading and learning more, I hope to score better on the next test they give us. I found out that I am one of the few who is actually reading the assigned book readings and doing exercises in the book. Half the class already dropped out, and I feel like I am on an epsiode of "Survivor". Next class is part 2 of this course and we might get merged with another tribe/class in part 2. :)

I didn't even see drop-out rates this high since I attended classes at the University of Missouri, Rolla. Second semester I was one of the drop-outs and went to a community college that was cheaper. The cost of living there was too high for me, and the pressure was more than I could handle at the time. I got in without taking the SAT because my ACT scores were high enough to cover the combined ACT and SAT scores qualifications for the college. Now I wished I had continued and stayed there to earn that four year degree. Now the pressure is on again, but I am staying this time. I am even finding errors in the book, and asking questions in class that others are too afraid to ask.

One small setback, there is no index or glossary in the eBook, and now I found there is no appendix either. The excercises refer to an appendix D or something to find the Excel file to use for doing the exercise, yet the Excel files on the web site for the class are cryptically named. Without the appendix I will not know which one to use, unless I open up all 60 of them to find the right one. Now I am not liking eBooks because sometimes they forget to scan in important parts of the eBook.

Ah what the heck, I will create my own Excel sheet or do the calculations on paper. Nothing is going to stop me from learning this stuff. I'll do Orr proud, as soon as I figure out a plan. ;) I'll just innovate around the problem using my creativity.