IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Okay, try this one.
Legacy data in Clipper. Clipper program written to extract report data to 1-2-3 spreadsheets one period at time. RPG program written involving a single table that contains the columns to store the names of four of the 1-2-3 spreadsheets. User of RPG program populates the four columns with 1-2-3 spreadsheet names. 400 then issues an RPC call to launch MS Excel and load a workbook with an "Auto_Open" macro. The XL macro connects via ADO to the table populated by the RPG program to get the names of the 1-2-3 spreadsheets to "update" (i.e. mangle the numbers in them). Then the XL macro does a "save as webpage..." and writes the files back to a share on the 400. The XL macro then issues an RPC call back to the 400, calling another RPG program that ftp's the XL generated XML over to the intranet server sitting right beside the machine running the XL macro.

Lesson: "See, the 400 is an integral part of what we do."

Back at ya ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem
New I can beat that, but
I'll have to dig out old system flow charts. I was a consultant in a "body shop" (for the unwashed, body shop is a term used to refer to a company that rented out my services, sortta like a pimp...) and on the bench. I was asked to review the payroll proceedures. I don't recall all the details, but I remember identifying 5 (FIVE) places where the same time data was being input prior to the payroll be generated. Shortly after the analysis, I was released...
New umm...yeah...
that's a mess. My stupid process was more drone-based than silicon-based--that was a Good Thing for me, cause they could yell at each other about whose 10-key skills weren't up to standard, rather than making me troubleshoot rube golberg computing.

So, I can't beat _that_ contraption.
FAQ! We're scrod!
     This is getting hilarious. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
         Umm, really? - (drewk) - (1)
             I was just relaying what I'd been told. - (mmoffitt)
         Send that one into Shark Tank. -NT - (admin)
         no scroll? - (cforde)
         Pish. - (rickw) - (3)
             Okay, try this one. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 I can beat that, but - (jbrabeck)
                 umm...yeah... - (rickw)
         You - (Ashton) - (1)
             Ahh, to be the fly on the wall for - (Arkadiy)

One thing you ought to know: well, I am the Mae-stro!
54 ms