IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Umm. Why not use something that works then?
Some years ago a purchasing agent (who later disappeared without notice) decided the company should be "all Microsoft" and got a buy-in from the president.

Today, they are not so sold on Microsoft, but they just paid a whole lot of money for Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 server and the AD conversion (no, they didn't pay it to me - they were trying out a new consultant), so they are psychologically committed to using it.

Given the circumstances, my best course is to keep my mouth shut and take their money. There won't be a real opportunity for change here for a few years now.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New 'Tis very understandable.
I see many companies going this route and be very dis-[ satisfied | gruntled | illusioned | gusted | enchanted ] and are really not looking to pursue further spending on M$ Products.

I am working on converting the Place I work to Linux only. And of course Open Source (some do cost money you know) Programs for all things needed.

Granted there are some places it won't work. But an RDesktop solution might actually work. Therefore minimizng cost of the M$ Tax.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute.
Set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #152599 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=152599|ICLRPD]
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Oh Jeez, now what? - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
         Re: Oh Jeez, now what? - (qstephens) - (1)
             Yes, but no mailboxes get made. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Why make new users? Why not just aliases? -NT - (FuManChu) - (12)
             Well, because . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                 Umm. Why not use something that works then? - (folkert) - (10)
                     The problem with Exchange... - (pwhysall) - (6)
                         You ever use Groupwise with the... - (folkert) - (5)
                             agreed -NT - (boxley)
                             OK. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 You can use Lookout as a Groupwise client now. - (folkert)
                                 Isn't there a server-side 'connector' - (imric)
                                 OT: Peter, you need to post more. I don't like being #15. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Re: Umm. Why not use something that works then? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         'Tis very understandable. - (folkert)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)

No such job.
90 ms