IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Quiz: What Kind of Manager Are You?
[link|http://www.fortune.com/fortune/quizzes/careers/manager_quiz.html|http://www.fortune.c...manager_quiz.html]

Be honest!

Your final score: 24 of 30

Results:
You have a balanced view of what is within your control and what is not. Your responses to circumstances are fluid and complex, leaning toward internalism in some situations and externalism in others. You might, for instance, believe that much of what happens at work is under the control of others (external), but once you get home, your life is under your own control (internal)-or vice versa. (And some areas of life are beyond anyone's control: a major illness, an economic recession, a terrorist attack...). As a manager, you're able to adapt your approach to each individual case. Bear in mind that externals and internals need to be handled differently to achieve their best work
New No need to take it.
I'm a bastard. I know I'm a bastard. I'm comfortable and balanced with my bastardliness. My inner bastard is emotionally nourished.

Quiz, schmiz.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New same score
attempting to explain profiling doesn't require one to take a position for or against it any more than attempting to explain gravity requires one to be for or against gravity. Walter Williams
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Dang... Internal
Your final score: 26 of 30

"If your score is 27 to 30, try to lighten up,"
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute.
Set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
New 22
Your final score: 22 of 30

Results:
You have a balanced view of what is within your control and what is not. Your responses to circumstances are fluid and complex, leaning toward internalism in some situations and externalism in others. You might, for instance, believe that much of what happens at work is under the control of others (external), but once you get home, your life is under your own control (internal)\ufffdor vice versa. (And some areas of life are beyond anyone's control: a major illness, an economic recession, a terrorist attack...). As a manager, you're able to adapt your approach to each individual case. Bear in mind that externals and internals need to be handled differently to achieve their best work.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Me too.
But what does is MEAN?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Me too too
New 21/30.
New 27/30
You are an internal, that is, you believe your successes and failures at work are due to your own effort and ingenuity. You're a reliable self-starter, and you go for the things you want. (In your spare time, you tend to prefer games of skill, not chance.) In business, internals often make great leaders. The downside: When things go wrong, your first impulse is to take all the blame, even for circumstances outside of your control. "If your score is 27 to 30, try to lighten up," says Andrew N. Williams, author of How Do You Compare? 12 Simple Tests to Discover Hidden Truths About Your Personality\ufffdand Fascinating Facts About Everyone Else, from which this quiz is adapted. "You are not responsible for hurricanes and earthquakes. Sometimes things happen in life without your intervention." Intensely internal people, he adds, are better off working alone\ufffd"but if you must work with others, try to ease up on them."
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New 19/30
Your final score: 19 of 30

Results:
You have a balanced view of what is within your control and what is not. Your responses to circumstances are fluid and complex, leaning toward internalism in some situations and externalism in others. You might, for instance, believe that much of what happens at work is under the control of others (external), but once you get home, your life is under your own control (internal)\ufffdor vice versa. (And some areas of life are beyond anyone's control: a major illness, an economic recession, a terrorist attack...). As a manager, you're able to adapt your approach to each individual case. Bear in mind that externals and internals need to be handled differently to achieve their best work.
-YendorMike

[link|http://www.hope-ride.org/|http://www.hope-ride.org/]
New ditto
-----
Steve
New I dunno, but this thing sez:
Your final score: 19 of 30

Results:
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New 18/30 with same results.
New My score
Your final score: 23 of 30

Results:

Those Business Management classes are paying off. ;)

Oh BTW those of you who scored in the middle, have balance, etc, you have a good potential to be managers. Part of Organizational Management is giving control to the workers to make decisions that affect their workplace, also known as empowerment. You can adapt to the changing environment/business situations.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Expand Edited by orion April 28, 2004, 09:40:04 PM EDT
New Same here.
And we are completely different. Not much can be said from 6 datapoints.
-drl
     Quiz: What Kind of Manager Are You? - (broomberg) - (14)
         No need to take it. - (pwhysall)
         same score -NT - (boxley)
         Dang... Internal - (folkert)
         22 - (admin) - (2)
             Me too. - (imric)
             Me too too -NT - (tangaroa)
         21/30. -NT - (Another Scott)
         27/30 - (cforde)
         19/30 - (Yendor) - (1)
             ditto -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         I dunno, but this thing sez: - (jb4) - (1)
             18/30 with same results. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         My score - (orion)
         Same here. - (deSitter)

I bellied up to the sandbar, and he poured me the usual: Rusty Snail, hold the grunion, shaken, not stirred. With a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich on the side - heavy on the mako.
178 ms