IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Also for non- thread-readers: named above :-\ufffd
New PS - as with an awn of wheat (one-way 'spikes' too)
Rilly bad in dogs' noses - I caught one just entering a neighbor's dog's nostril and pulled it out, gently as I could.. It smarted but.. he was so relieved he 'forgave' me without even a hint of nippiness :-)

Why could not a simple thin-wall, sharp-edged catheter with available light suction - be used to slowly suck the little bugger into tube -?- then withdraw catheter? (suction might even.. sorta "reverse the direction of" the spines - with perhaps a bit of distress to wall of urethra? Small collateral damage, considering the alternative)

Were there some slight lacerations made by the tips of its spines: well, that would be like other internal damage - treat via the fav nostrum.. and a different catheter, possibly left in for a time, to bypass the wounded area while it heals.

(Yes - it Could be a part of even an Amazon med kit - though prolly nice to have a NMR, CAT machine around, just for the hell of it. And the local natives also could.. learn to use this. After all, they are Much savvier about survival than yuppie gringo visitors ever could be. Hell they even recognize natural healing plants: we don't unless we can Patent Them All First\ufffd)

Doctor
your money or your life
New Betcha it won't be that easy.
Ashton wonders: Why could not a simple thin-wall, sharp-edged catheter with available light suction - be used to slowly suck the little bugger into tube -?- then withdraw catheter? (suction might even.. sorta "reverse the direction of" the spines - with perhaps a bit of distress to wall of urethra? Small collateral damage, considering the alternative)

You mean withdraw the catheter the same way Fishy entered (which would imply entering it that way too)? I don't think that would work -- if it did, then one would have been able to do it with tweezers (or some similar implement) too. And I think the reason is...

Were there some slight lacerations made by the tips of its spines: well, that would be like other internal damage - treat via the fav nostrum.. and a different catheter, possibly left in for a time, to bypass the wounded area while it heals.

...that this isn't a matter of "some slight lacerations". How long, exactly, are those spines? Remember, the total maximum diameter when you "reverse the direction of" would be two spine lengths, plus the thickness of Fishy's body.

So I think the only way to do it would be to catch it in the catheter from in front... Which would, yes, require a sharp-edged one -- because that means you'll have to pass through the wall of the, ahem, organ.

"Will this hurt, Doctor?" (You fucking betcha it will...!)

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Barbed stuff you push foreward
CRC probably has that right. Even with the relatively minor barbs on a fishhook the first aid is to push it through rather than pull it out. Actualy, I'm pretty sure the current first aid protocol is leave it as-is until medical attention is available, if possible.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Re: Barbed stuff you push foreward. Yes usually but
Do we want fishy in the bladder? Major surgery.

Maybe surgery in any case. I retreat on the 'minor' lacerations and yes: how Long them barbs? In that is the key. Could be very effective barbs at only a mm or so - but if indeed they are er Lots of mm:

Back to drawing & quartering board.

Don't eat yellow snow. Don't pee in Amazon. Don't offer free med. advice.

A.
     Ow - (DonRichards) - (12)
         pee only behind a sqatting woman? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             That might be the only safe way. - (DonRichards)
         Entrepreneurial opportunity - import them, - (Ashton)
         Interesting type of self-preservation. - (static) - (1)
             Nahh.. it's penis envy. Again. -NT - (Ashton)
         There is also a fish... - (inthane-chan) - (6)
             Candiru - (DonRichards) - (5)
                 Also for non- thread-readers: named above :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                     PS - as with an awn of wheat (one-way 'spikes' too) - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Betcha it won't be that easy. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Barbed stuff you push foreward - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 Re: Barbed stuff you push foreward. Yes usually but - (Ashton)

This is a self-referential LRPDism.
211 ms