IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sometimes you have to be proud
As many of you know, I am not the brains in my family.

My wife is. She is the PhD, MD to be, trying for the most competitive field there is (dermatology), etc, etc, etc.

Well she is studying medical school at NYU, one of the top medical schools in the US. (They are third in dermatology.) And she just got AOA, which is the national honor society.

As the subject says...and I am. :-)

Cheers,
Ben

PS After close to a dozen years of wonderful marriage, I am also proud to report that she is a beautiful person, and an amazing woman to be married to. I don't know how I got so lucky, but lucky I definitely am. :-)
New Conratulations to the better half! :)
You have a right to be proud.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New congratulations to your wife...
and to you. :-)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New What's the big idea?
Do you know your image link is trying to set a cookie? A www.bigidea.com cookie.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New I didn't know that
The character in the image belongs to them and since it's coming off of their site I guess they can do that. If you have kids you might want to check out bigidea. They have some videos that are a lot of fun. Oh, and each one has a message...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New ACK!
Now I have the VeggieTales song stuck in my head.

Thanks a lot!

Well, at least it isn't that Big Purple Dinosaur's theme song..
-----
Steve
New Hey no probs
Here's a link to a [link|http://bigidea.com/products/videos/sillysong/album.htm|few silly songs] to get your mind off of it.

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything is a personal favourite. I first heard it at a church camp when four guys got together and sang it as The Husbands Who Don't Do Anything. That was one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Shaddup already
...you lucky bleepity bleep.

...and, OK, grats to Jody.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New So fsck you, bastard!
You try'n'a make us jealous?

'at's OK, I would too, and without mercy.

Not being the brains of the family is no embarrassement, 'cause, to be honest, brains is over-rated. It's how you relate to your significant other (and other others) that matters (at least to you (and I challenge you to find a measure that matters more)).

Supporting rolls? How about Lizette (alas, I was second choice to Tim, but that's another story (as is the adventures of Lizette's mother, Lilian, and Bob and Lou (and others)))? Some other time.

Lizette played recorder. You, know, those silly little wooden whistles some people imagine to have been important in early music (carefully ignoring the shawm an cornetto (because those are one and three orders of magnitude harder to play)).

Toot! tootely toooot toot.

Every early music (and some other music) graduate candidate pleaded for Lizette as accompanist for their disertation. So Lizette did a lot of supporting work.

Lizette, for whom a University invented a major in wooden whistle so they could graduate her.

Lizette, who could take a wooden whistle and make a first chair flute player sweat and doubt their career choice.

Lizette, the accompanist.

God, how I hate computers. How did I get tangled up in this technology crap. I need to get a life again, before it's too late.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New The cutest musician story I know . .
. . was told by a lady who was first chair bassoon player (for a first rank orchestra - but I forget which one).

"How was it that you took up bassoon?"

"I signed up for band because it was the least solid course I could get to fill out my schedule. When they assigned instruments, to this day, I swear what I heard the teacher say was "kazoo"."
New And the next cutest . .
My old friend Bob Barnes (raving queer (of the drunken "gay gormet" variety (until he joined the Hari Krishna (who probably added ten years to his life)))) returned to Oberlin College for masters classes (in viola da gamba).

He was attending one of the faculty concerts. A young lady was playing harpsichord on stage, and Bob was absolutely enthralled. He turned to the person next to him and said, "Isn't she fabulous?". That person replied, "Yes, I think so. I married her".

Ref: Oberlin faculty concerts, that era. You've heard the saying, "those who can't do, teach". Well, I heard the tapes. Those that "can do" can't play like that - never will. You will not hear anything like that on records or in the concert hall. Never.
New Parenthetically speaking
...that's one way to emulate Lisping in written communications....
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New the recorder
when I was in elementary school, the recorder was a required instrument to learn. I was in a special class of 1 because I simply could not play the scale correctly. I didn't have the breath control or something to do it.

Prior to that my parents tried to get me to learn to play the accordian. The thing was bigger than I was. and my teacher smelled funny...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Early music reveries
I've got some remnants from an early music performer love as well -- a soprano and an alto recorder, some sheet music, and Ernst Mayr's book on evolution.
B was a wonderful recorder player; she also played the oboe and rebec and cornetto. When I was with her she performed with a wonderful group of folks I had the privilege to hang with and listen to. The hurdy-gurdy can be an awesome instrument in the right hands!
I took up the recorder to play duets with her, and after a few months could at least mess around profitably, but I never achieved any real mastery.
She ended up leaving me for another and we've not spoken in 18 years, but that reedy renaissance sound still always takes back to that small fun-loving group of talented musicians jamming to that renaissance sound.

Giovanni
New You got it! :-)
The only thing worse than a lucky bastard is one who knows how lucky he is! :-)

I thank everyone for the kind compliments which I have duly passed on to the bemusement of my wife. Now we have to sit back and wait for her to go through the interview process, then in March we get to find out what we do for the next 4 years...

Cheers,
Ben
New Congrats for a goal reached!
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Applause!
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
New A well rounded MD needs an avocation too
Possibly an Italian motorcycle.. Red is often the color.
A good excuse to wear leather, too..

Out in the air, seein stuff you'd never notice in a car. Exercise! too (you think not? try about 100 mi of twisty back roads.. after you're broken-in, that is). Meet folks aside from suited ones (one might be a symphony conductor).

All skin lesions and no play.. makes for a Latin polysyllabic fixation and the hanging on such words as.. Doctor says you should..

Kudos .. gettin through the largest bureacracy invented!
(Now if you buy her a 'white coat' that's more like er Dr. Who's ??)

Ashton
New Excellent.
We need more good doctors in the world.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Almost makes me wish for a skin disease :-)
Seriously though, extend my congratulations.
Don Richards,
Proud recipient of the ABBA.
New Congratulations to you both. Best of luck on the job search!
New Re: Sometimes you have to be proud
You lucky barsteward, you. Please convey my congratulations to the lovely lady.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Congrats to her!
I can totally relate. My beautiful bride will be completing her BA in Psych this coming May. She's also working full time, not to mention putting up with yours truly. Oh, and she's maintaining a 3.8 GPA. So proud? Heck yeah I am :-)
-----
Steve
New w00!
Congrats! I know what it's like to work in the shadow of your S.O. - even though I make more than her, I consider her work much more important than mine, in the larger context of things.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Sometimes you have to be proud - (ben_tilly) - (23)
         Conratulations to the better half! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         congratulations to your wife... - (cforde) - (4)
             What's the big idea? - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 I didn't know that - (cforde) - (2)
                     ACK! - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                         Hey no probs - (cforde)
         Shaddup already - (kmself)
         So fsck you, bastard! - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             The cutest musician story I know . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 And the next cutest . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Parenthetically speaking - (kmself)
             the recorder - (cforde)
             Early music reveries - (GBert)
             You got it! :-) - (ben_tilly)
         Congrats for a goal reached! -NT - (boxley)
         Applause! - (Brandioch)
         A well rounded MD needs an avocation too - (Ashton)
         Excellent. - (admin)
         Almost makes me wish for a skin disease :-) - (Silverlock)
         Congratulations to you both. Best of luck on the job search! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: Sometimes you have to be proud - (pwhysall)
         Congrats to her! - (Steve Lowe)
         w00! - (inthane-chan)

Believed by many to be an idiot.
143 ms