IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You summed up their perspectives but what about yours?
I'm curious what you think.

P.S. You seem to know a lot about religion. Would you mind sharing a bit about your education?
New Re: You summed up their perspectives but what about yours?
My personal perspective is that morality and religion are actually distinct concepts. The majority of people actually derive their religious beliefs from their morality and not the other way around.

For such a belief to make sense, I have to believe that 'good' has meaning outside a religious context.

The only positive argument I could give for this off the top of my head is that we can talk about morality without talking about religion. If 'good' only had meaning within a religion then we couldn't talk about it except within a religious context. Contrast it with 'sin', sin is a purely religious concept. You can't even describe sin without involving a religious context.

Background wise, it's all self taught. Even with the programming I do for a living, I learned far more on my own, reading and experimenting, then I did in school.

Jay
New Thanks. I agree with your conclusions.
     Debate review - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
         Thanks - real live debate! - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: Thanks - real live debate! - (JayMehaffey)
         You summed up their perspectives but what about yours? - (brettj) - (2)
             Re: You summed up their perspectives but what about yours? - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 Thanks. I agree with your conclusions. -NT - (brettj)
         for the fanatical refer them to the "good" Samaritan -NT - (boxley)

Involved in a bizarre electrolysis accident.
43 ms