It's been superceded by later models.

Palm OS 4, backlit "high-res" color screen, memory stick slot, nice and compact, comes with apps for reading MS application files, rechargable battery, removable flip-up cover. I like it. I have a 128 MB memory stick, so it can serve as a data transfer device for reasonably large files.

Bad parts:
1) Can't use it with a modem or other communications device (except IR or via the cradle to do batch processing like e-mail)
2) There have been times when it has died on turning it on and I've had to reset it and re-download everything into it. I assume that those times were due to letting the battery get too low.
3) Doesn't have an MP3 player if you're into that sort of thing. Later models do.

I run DateBK5 on it (shareware) to keep track of everything I do. It's very easy to use and quite powerful. I don't use much else on it regularly, though I do have a JPEG viewer, etc.

I had been thinking about getting a combo phone/Palm device, but at the time they were too expensive, too bulky, and didn't have the good screen that the Clie has.

It's hard to beat the Sony Clies if you don't need communications. If I were buying now I'd look carefully at the Sharp Zaurus if I wanted to do everything in a small package (but the addons can quickly add up), or the Palm devices if I needed communications. I'd avoid a PocketPC device unless I had to have something that only it offered.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.