IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Quick and dirty bachelor pork chops.
For a bachelor, timing is everything.

Start with a cut of the several varietys of pork chops available that you prefer (I choose butterfly) and then,

1 pork chop per person.
One portobello mushroom per person (or one half)
A lot of butter.
Fresh garlic.
Paprika.
Oregano.
Basil.
Veggies to suit, something with a strong flavor like spinach or asparagus.
The form of pasta you like.

Start up a big pot of water to boil. Wait till it gets to just beginning to steam.

Melt enough butter in a deep frying/saute pan to cover the bottom with just a bit more.
Add freshly smashed (trim the ends, peel the jackets and split the cloves so they have a flat edge, lay them down on a cutting board, put a wide bladed knife horizontally over the clove(s) and drive your fist down with authority) garlic cloves. I usually use one half clove per chop.

Saute the garlic till translucent or it smells really, really good, whichever comes first. Add a generous pinch of paprika, a small pinch of oregano, and another small pinch of basil. In the butter, in the pan. Add butter as needed to keep it just above "barely coating the bottom of the pan". Keep stirring.

Start the pasta now.

Cook the seasonings for at least a minute and a half. Then add the mushrooms (sliced if you prefer) Saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, flipping them once or twice. Remove the mushrooms from the heat and store them till needed later. (All this happens while the water is boiling happily away).

Using the same pan you used for the mushrooms (that's right, no more seasonings get added), crank up the heat, sear both sides of the chop(s), reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pan and let the chops cook for about 8-12 minutes flipping them once or twice (depending on thickness).

Start up the veggie when you have about 5 minutes left on the chops. If spinach, I prefer it sauted with with lemon pepper, if asparagus, I like it steamed (microwave in a covered dish with maybe 2 tablespoons [30 cc's] of water on high for 2 minutes.)with red pepper only.

When you have about 2 or 3 minutes left on the meat (cut a slice in one of the chops to check for pinkness) flip the chops one last time and lay the mushrooms on top of them and then cover with a lid again.

Let simmer while you prepare the pasta. Drain the pasta and throw it back in the pot and then add 1 or 2 teaspoons (5-10 ccs) of butter and 1 clove of smashed uncooked garlic, put it back on the heat at simmer with a lid till the chops are done to personal preference.

Once the chops are done, pour off any remaining liquid in the chops pan over the pasta.

Serve, eat, sleep.

This takes no more than a half hour. Salt and pepper for the philistines can be added. I won't complain.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
Expand Edited by Silverlock April 16, 2004, 12:35:19 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Silverlock April 16, 2004, 01:40:32 PM EDT
New Tablespoon = 15 cc. And oregAno, no? Sounds delish!
Expand Edited by CRConrad April 16, 2004, 02:19:14 AM EDT
Expand Edited by CRConrad April 18, 2004, 06:56:45 PM EDT
New Fixed. Thanks
How many cc to a teaspoon, 15?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New 5, as the other Scott says.
New Too much!
[link|http://www.kbapps.com/webdesign/calculators/volume.html|Volume Cooking Units]: 1 T = 1/2 fluid ounce, 1 fluid oz = 30 ml

[link|http://www.ilpi.com/msds/ref/volumeunits.html|Volume Unit Conversions] is another good site, but doesn't have cooking units.

so

1 T = 15 ml (cc)

HTH!

(1 t = 1/3 T = 5 ml (cc))

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks, I'll remember for the next recipe.
Mike Royko
New Thanks, fixed!
New Olkaa hyv\ufffd. :-)
New Scary - freaks me out!
No, but seriously, you Merkins aren't supposed to be able to do stuff like that.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New GIMF.
Google is my friend. :-)

[link|http://www.transparent.com/languagepages/finnish/FiPhrases.htm|I cheated].

Cheers,
Scott.
New Similar but . . .
At times I have made somethng similar, but cut boneless chops into chunks. I'd use a little extra oil and schedule the meat to be nicely browned when the pasta was done. After draining the pasta I'd toss it in the pan and saute it a bit with the meat and seasonings.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Quick and dirty bachelor pork chops. - (Silverlock) - (10)
         Tablespoon = 15 cc. And oregAno, no? Sounds delish! -NT - (CRConrad) - (8)
             Fixed. Thanks - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 5, as the other Scott says. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Too much! - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Thanks, I'll remember for the next recipe. -NT - (Silverlock)
                 Thanks, fixed! -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Olkaa hyv\ufffd. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Scary - freaks me out! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             GIMF. - (Another Scott)
         Similar but . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Did you recently read an article?
104 ms