IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My educational situation

As for a book, what part of, "any introductory Statistics book," do you fail to comprehend? I haven't needed an introductory book for a decade myself, and I have no idea what the current offerings are. But they should all cover this.

If you're worried, ask your professor for a recommendation. After all that is what he is THERE for.

Gee, lots of them out there, I think I will put the names of them on a dartboard and throw darts at them, it would be more helpful than you've been to me on picking out a good book.

I have asked my instructor in email, and SHE, has been ignoring my questions. I even asked for a Syllabus, which is part of her job to give me one, and she refused to give me one. That was the only response I got. I asked nicely, I asked politely, and I explained to her the problems I had with the test. So far, nothing else from her except she said she would not give me a Syllabus.

Edit: I did a search on Amazon.com, interesting that books that use statistics in their descriptions come up, but are not actually about statitistics. One book was available for $100USD and the rest where out of stock. Do a search on "Intro to Statistics" and see what pops up. I'd use my college bookstore, but they outsourced it to a web company that sent me the wrong book, and ripped me off of $60USD and refused to refund my money. The college says they are looking into it for the past 3 months or so, but keep making excuses as to why I cannot get a refund or exchange.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Expand Edited by orion April 14, 2004, 08:01:32 PM EDT
New Thirty seconds on Barnes and Noble
gives me this: [link|http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=0071350055&itm=2|Statistics for the Utterly Confused].

Looks like a good introductory statistics book. And it's only about $17.

So go grab it. Even if it doesn't up being the best book ever, at least you can be satisfied with the fact that you actually took some action to remedy the trouble you're facing.
The college says they are looking into it for the past 3 months or so, but keep making excuses as to why I cannot get a refund or exchange.

It's awfully annoying when people just keep making excuses without actually taking any action, isn't it...
John. Busy lad.
New I took action
did a random search at Amazon.com and got both "Statistics for Dummies" and "Statistics for the Utterly Confused". Cheaper than BN.com offered them too. The "dart board" worked this time. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, at least it was some help.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Sheesh - How fucking stupid ARE you, Norm?!? - (CRConrad) - (36)
         2 additional comments - (ben_tilly) - (22)
             A little help here - (orion) - (21)
                 Any introductory statistics book should explain permutations - (ben_tilly) - (20)
                     Factorials - (orion) - (19)
                         I should HOPE you got that right - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                             I am just asking questions to learn more. - (orion) - (14)
                                 Norm, stuff it. - (inthane-chan) - (13)
                                     I would have reacted differently - (orion) - (12)
                                         Blah blah. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                             Can't contribute positively can you? - (orion) - (10)
                                                 WTF? - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                     Prove it - (orion) - (8)
                                                         You said society - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                             I am a member of society - (orion) - (5)
                                                                 Oh please do fuck off, there's a good chap. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                     I love you, man. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                                     Make me! -NT - (orion) - (2)
                                                                         MOM... Peter is being mean again! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                             Leave my mother out of this pukeboy! - (orion)
                                                         OK. (new thread) - (pwhysall)
                             My educational situation - (orion) - (2)
                                 Thirty seconds on Barnes and Noble - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                     I took action - (orion)
         Calculators? What calculators? - (Arkadiy) - (6)
             OT and OF (off forum) - (jb4)
             My prof did that one step further - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 I remember doing finite-difference solution to diffusion eq - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     That's nothing - (FuManChu) - (2)
                         I do the same thing - (boxley) - (1)
                             Management Information And Storage System - (lincoln)
         Not stupid, just lacking education - (orion) - (4)
             Stupid, just like you. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 Ah yeah, but you ignored the rest of my post - (orion) - (2)
                     That's because I don't give a shit. Noone does. So STFU, OK? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         That is where you are wrong and I can prove it - (orion)
         Looking for good research - (orion)

Ubersoft - Standing On The Necks Of Giants
131 ms