IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now *that* would be the decent thing,
the Murican thing - and just plain Goodness - to hand those out! (Don't forget to tell the folks in line about it phoning home every time the browser crashes, and just to get it to work at all! - Oh and 128 Megs is the MIN for the sucker just to make pretty icons. Now if ya wanna run something, and maybe your present aps won't...)

(Didn't I see a few weeks ago - the Reg part had been pretty well hacked? Hmm - gotta look for a link. Not sure if that was the final $-copy or a late beta)

I'll burn a CD in honor of your altruism (ugh.. lots of smoke; candles better)

Ashton
New Hacking XP
[link|http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/01/10/22/011022oplivingston.xml|This] along the lines of what you're looking for?

Me? Win2K is the last M$ product I'll ever have, and I only have that for wife and work reasons. Working on getting the wife to switch, everytime she gripes about her PC crashing, I say "mine doesn't." Just effortlessly upgraded my laptop to RH7.2 and I'm making hers dualboot win2k/RH7.2 this weekend.
:-)

Ashton, you really must take the plunge and install Linux on one of your machines.
-----
Steve
New Nag..
Yes, it was the WPA, but what I saw was an analysis of the Wpa.dbl file; IIRC you could roll your own, though maybe a binary is stuck in there too. Academic for me, of course. 0 interest even if it's the W2K kernel with dumbed-down appurtenances.

{sigh} Almost got another e-Machine to finally do it. (Other boxes are 486-133s = doorstops or firewalls) RH 7.2 sounds like the slickest install, but I think I'd start with Debian.. Karsten's explanations of yore re their testing, consistency and - er granularity makes the most sense, since I'd have no wish to absorb the peculiarities of all the distros - however useful fer you Pros and such. And there's a LUG in S/Rosa [no excuse].

I'd have something running now, if I hadn't stumbled into having to play admin-sorta for a W2K Server at a local non-profit. Daunting mess - having to wade through (and ignore) all the refs to #*(&$ AD to find what would have been a whole lot simpler if: they just assumed you'd have to be daft to imagine using it.. [/perpetual M$ atrocity bitch]

Anyway.. right. / vs \\ no big deal, and after CP/M b:*.*=a:*.*, it's just another terminology for the same ol same ol logic. But have I enough spare little grey cells for that AND X-windows font BS (?) then there're all those scopes needing TLC..

Cheers,

Ashton the techno-lazy with 1s and 0s
     XP disappears from DC agenda - (Ashton) - (4)
         Wag the Dog - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
             Now *that* would be the decent thing, - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Hacking XP - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                     Nag.. - (Ashton)

use LRPDism;
41 ms