IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New need to get on the web and read removal instructions
from norton's site that is a nasty little beast.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New It's quite the little SOB
Since they had Norton configured to get updates from the local server, I was behind the times on the latest signature files. The Helpdesk guy came down, logged in as him, and then was able to get to Norton's site. He downloaded the tool, ran it, ran a full Norton scan, ran the tool again (with numerous reboots in-between) and ran another full scan. Clean for 4 hours.

Then the message box popped up again. Back to square one.

In the meantime, want to know how I go infected? It came within one of the Windows XP "Hotfix" files they had on a server share. When I connected to their network yesterday, and their login script pushed all that crap down onto my laptop, it pushed the infected file down and obeyed it.

What a country!
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Those of us..
resolved to let nothing later than 98 fuck with our hardware, eschewing the Spy-PhoneHome-paks of all later intrusions (or even their execrable BugFix-Paks with-EULA + new bad shit)

Salute thee.

When Billy finds a way to render 98 unuseable via some next universal scam that percolates downwards as it infects all who ever connect to web - then it's OSX or gnu-time por moi. All that wasted New effort to get back to Square 1 :(

Condolences on your lack of any choice in the biz-matter.

Coming up 3 years w/ no RRR. Thank You, 98-lite !! (I sent them money for my version.. what a Bargain)
New Get Stinger
[link|http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/|Here]. 10 minutes and done.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Thanks for the pointer!
New Nice: gets cigar.
Ditto on thanks. Small, fast - neat-o! Added to UTILS, run.

I decided to forego the overhead and tendency to create problems for Doze glass-fragility of (whatever AV s/ware I've heard of).

Stinger isn't a substitute for AV scans, I realize (and it tells you) - but nice to have 'passed' on at least the Biggies du jour, right up to 3/29/04.

Wish there were a simple ~ 1MB (via dialup!) AV checker, even at DOS level; that much effort I'd expend for the occasional verification that my firewall is still ept. Alas, the last suggested one such, which I tried to obtain.. IIRC demanded some sequence of preinstall stages as proved fruitless. Can't recall name - but the idea sounded Good. Screw TSIs in 'Doze - walk/chew gum it can't. 'Course too - I ain't a bizness workstation; and have no network, coworker floppies to contend with.)

Ashton
so-far-so-good sans prophylaxis :-)
     Norton is really pissing me off!!! - (lincoln) - (16)
         If Norton can't clean it - (Silverlock) - (1)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)
         need to get on the web and read removal instructions - (boxley) - (5)
             It's quite the little SOB - (lincoln) - (4)
                 Those of us.. - (Ashton)
                 Get Stinger - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Thanks for the pointer! -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Nice: gets cigar. - (Ashton)
         Answer - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Sorry dude - (lincoln) - (3)
                 The longer you wait... - (folkert) - (2)
                     While getting my car smogged today.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         One of these days... - (inthane-chan)
             Very good - (orion) - (2)
                 "Linux viruses", eh? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     They must be thinking of W32/Lindoze :-) - (scoenye)

Spam-Corpus: Non-ISO extended-ASCII mail text, with very long lines
49 ms