IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Position available
Denver area Systems Analyst position in a large christian men's ministry. Email if you're interested and I'll get your resume to my boss: my first name at interfold dot com. Being a nonprofit, pay is on the low side but not poverty level by any means. Also, being a ministry, you'll be comfortable with our statement of faith which I'll be happy to point you to offline.

Reqs (note we're not looking for experts here...and these are subj to change):
Qualified applicants will be familiar with databases, SQL, and have general programming skills. Competencies are desired in several areas including Linux (shell scripts), Perl, Visual Basic, Access, and Internet (HTML, SOAP, XML, Flash). Knowledge of Windows desktop applications and good communication skills are required. BS Computer Science and minimum 4 years experience in IT related work, or equivalent overall experience.
-----
Steve
New Re: Position available
Visual Basic, Access and Linux?!? How's that work?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Re: Position available
Desktop systems run windows and there's some homegrown apps using Access and VB in some departments. Main enterprise app runs on Linux.
-----
Steve
New Sounds logical
use Windows for the clients, and Linux for the servers. We did that back in 1995 to 1997 when my business partner and I ran a small business. We couldn't have Linux as a desktop OS, but we priced it next to Windows NT, and clients saw the savings.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Position available - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
         Re: Position available - (jb4) - (2)
             Re: Position available - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 Sounds logical - (orion)

Damn, it was going to be a crowded tent.
36 ms