IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well from a support guy point of view
distributed Webservers pointed at centralized DB's would be easier to manage. 2 geographically dispersed hosted in ironman datacenters, one master and one slave with enough bandwidth. Webservers in each decentralized location with a caching solution like weblogic so the clients are thin. In a blackout your ohio DB would autofail to the texas database. Cheaper than Oracle.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New That's one of the things we're considering
Like I said, we'll consider anything. But looking at the cost of T3s ... wooh.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New well with the thin clients pointing to an webserver at the
colo, your traffic would not be as heavy as an app server at the remote location. Your appserver(s) would be at the colo with only screen updates being ferried to the remotes. Might not need T3's
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Could you do multi-master replication for < $1-million? - (drewk) - (11)
         Sure, T3's :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             /me smacks forehead - (drewk)
         Well from a support guy point of view - (boxley) - (2)
             That's one of the things we're considering - (drewk) - (1)
                 well with the thin clients pointing to an webserver at the - (boxley)
         Does this answer your question about PG? - (folkert) - (5)
             Much cool - (drewk) - (4)
                 Willingness to spend some of that <$1million might help :-P -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     We are ... ___________________________________ No, seriously - (drewk)
                 Goto: - (folkert) - (1)
                     Will do, thanks for the pointers -NT - (drewk)

Don't just embrace the crazy, sidle up next to it and lick its ear.
78 ms