IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New NC, where secretaries have master's degrees.
That's the story I got on the plane. In Raleigh/Durham, if you don't have a least a master's degree, you can't even get a secretary's job.

At least we're still moderately illiterate here in Texas, but don't think we're stupid, 'cause there are some really smart people here.

Glen Austin
New not true, I have met some NC folks with masters degrees
and they were dumber than stumps. I never saw degree snobbery in 1999
thanx,
bill
In Bush\ufffds America, fighting terrorism abroad is used as a pretext for vanquishing civil liberties at home. David Podvin
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New You wouldn't be talking about me, would u box? ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Naw a Uni chapel hill prof dummer than a rock
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Whew! ;-) Met > my share as well.
Still, I do miss that "academic arrogance" in one regard. During the 80's (up to about 1986 when I left) almost everyone you met (including semi-literate furniture factory workers) held college graduates and even college students in high regard. At least down there then, having a post-secondary education mattered to almost everyone. Being transplanted up here to Indiana, I miss that. Almost everyone here has an almost palpable contempt for anyone with a college degree (we consistently rank 47th or 48th in the nation of "percentage of population with a four year degree or higher").

The vast majority of locals, apparently, are proud of that and want to keep it that way. :-(
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     Another doomed town - (deSitter) - (7)
         Fsck. - (mmoffitt)
         One of the areas I was thinking about moving to - (boxley)
         NC, where secretaries have master's degrees. - (gdaustin) - (4)
             not true, I have met some NC folks with masters degrees - (boxley) - (3)
                 You wouldn't be talking about me, would u box? ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Naw a Uni chapel hill prof dummer than a rock -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Whew! ;-) Met > my share as well. - (mmoffitt)

The mind boggles.
75 ms