IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Holiday Season and Consoles
Rumor has it Sony will drop $100 off of their Playstation 2 price to compete with the $199 Gamecube and the MS XBox (whatever price it was, I forgot). Is this a price cut, or a rebate, or not going to happen?

My N64 is starting to look old next to these new consoles.

Meanwhile; Dreamcast, the system that refuses to die, is still selling a lot of units. Dreamcast owners are very loyal. Is it worth it to buy one of these units?

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New "Yay For Dreamcast!" says John.
Perhaps the reason Dreamcast refuses to die is because of its 'underdog' status. Or maybe people have just realised that yes, indeed, it's pretty darn cool. I'm quite happy with mine, especially for the price.

Apparently, so I've heard, it's not terribly difficult to make off-site backups of the games. Allegedly.

Cheers,
John,
who bought Ecco The Dolphin the other week and reckons it's kinda cool (if only because Tom Baker did the narration...)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Dreamcast heroes
Will Sega still produce games for it?

I know in Thailand they sold Dreamcast units and the games a lot, because I went there a year ago and saw what they sold. Playstation was like number one and Dreamcast number two. I didn't see any Nintendo 64 or other systems except some 8 bit or 16 bit local systems that looked like old NES/SNES clones.

New Dreamcast game production slowing.
I think there are still some Dreamcast games on the horizon, but nowhere near as many as for for the 'living' consoles. As for the MMPORG servers (like Phantasty Star Online) they've basically said they'll keep running the servers as long as people keep playing the game. (ie as long as it's stil profitable, I guess)

Still, Dreamcast seems to have picked up a bit of a hacker following, but that too may well die off once PS2 Linux is widely available. Who knows.
On and on and on and on,
New Where can I get Dreamcast games online?
My brother-in-law picked up a unit and some games as a birthday present for my kids. They love it, since they're new games, and I love it, since it gets them off my computer at home. However, with its existence slowly fading away, where can I get games for it? The local Wal-Marts, K-Marts, Targets, etc., don't even have any games for it. I've seen some games at these "Electronic Boutiques" inside some malls, but at $39.95 each I'll pass for now.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New Ebay, perhaps?
Haven't gone looking for games online, but that might eb a good place to start for second-hand stuff. There are places where you can get games that are less than legal, but I haven't gone looking.

John,
Still having fun with Ecco The Dolphin...
On and on and on and on,
New Funcoland
[link|http://www.funcoland.com|Funcoland](now part of GameStop) has used video games online. They also have a store front in Sugar Land that you could get to. It's near First Colony Mall. We can go to lunch next week and I'll show you were.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Invite accepted!
Just give me a "heads up" on the when and where. And I am grateful for the local knowledge.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New Computer Geeks
Visit [link|http://www.computergeeks.com|Computergeeks.com] and then visit the Consumer Electronics category. They usually have Dreamcast games on sale real cheap, and they even have Dreamcast software bundles at times.

Maybe I shouldn't say it, but the Warez sites are full of Dreamcast ISO files to burn CDRs with. Then some people get the [link|http://www.modchip.com/dc/|Dreamcast Modchip] to buypass the copy protection so the CDR games will run. They have it for Playstations as well.

New Sony's not dropping their prices in the US
was the last I read. At least not the $100 drop that people were talking about earlier in the year. But that might have been before 9/11, so who knows. Sorry I can't find a link. I thought it was on The Register, but nothing pops up there.

If MS is only selling the XBox as a $500 bundle, then it doesn't put much pressure on Sony to drop the $299 price, does it?

The market's dynamic. Sony's not stupid - if they start losing much to the XBox they'll fight back.

Cheers,
Scott.
New They should at least offer a rebate
or a PS2 bundle with some of the latest games?

That "WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It" should be out for the PS2 soon. One of the first PS2 Wrestling games that I know of. Before that you had to use the PS1 Wrestling Games.

New They have a GT3 bundle
save $20 off buying them seperately.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Better than nothing
the least they could do is the GT3 bundle. If I still have a job by December, I'll try to talk my wife into letting me buy a Playstation 2 system. If not, The Grinch may be paying my house a visit at Christmas instead of Santa Claus. :(

New Do you have a DVD player?
If not, then the PS2 can perform double-duty. I use mine as a DVD player, it works well.

If you do use it as a DVD player, I recommend picking up Sony's PS2 DVD remote, it includes an update to the DVD playback software.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

New No DVD player
unless you count the DVD drive in my Windows 2000 Server. :)

I really want to get a Playstation 2 badly, I just have to convince my wife to let me spend the $300 for one. More than a game system, its a DVD player doesn't sit to well with her when DVD players sell for $99 a pop at consumer electronic stores.

New best place for good used nintendo 64 games?
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New ComputerGeeks.com
Sometimes [link|http://www.computergeeks.com|Computer Geeks] has Playstation and N64 games on sale. They usually have a ton of them, but right now all they have is the N64 Boxing game for $10USD. Look under consumer electronics. They do have a $120USD Dreamcast software and 1 controller bundle.

Since the Gamecube is coming out, look for KBToys, Toys R Us, K-Mart, and others to discount the N64 games to make room for the XBox/PS2/Gamecube games.

If you can see if there is an Babbages or [link|http://www.funcoland.com|Funcoland] near you. They buy/sell/trade games. Also visit [link|http://www.gametraderinc.com/|Game Trader Inc] they usually sell N64 and other games that have been previously used.

New Also try Video Stores and K-Mart
Video Stores like Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, etc sometimes sell the old N64 games real cheap ($9.99 to $15) after they have been used a lot and nobody wants to rent them anymore.

K-Mart carries Game Trader Inc. previously used games for the N64, Playstation 1, Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, etc. At least near me they do, but the shelfs for them are hidden in the back of the electronics asile near the TV sets and on the end of the asile. So the newer games are near the front and will most likely be sold more.

Also Value City sometimes has them for $19.99 to $15.99 each. A few times I saw them at Family Dollar for $12.99 each in the video tape section. Your milage may vary.

New hey thanx!
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Not a problem
that is what these fora are for, helping each other out. $10 saved in your pocket is as good as $10 saved in my pocket. :)

Holiday Season and Consoles - (orion) - (19)
         "Yay For Dreamcast!" says John. - (Meerkat) - (7)
             Dreamcast heroes - (orion) - (6)
                 Dreamcast game production slowing. - (Meerkat) - (5)
                     Where can I get Dreamcast games online? - (bconnors) - (4)
                         Ebay, perhaps? - (Meerkat)
                         Funcoland - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             Invite accepted! - (bconnors)
                         Computer Geeks - (orion)
         Sony's not dropping their prices in the US - (Another Scott) - (5)
             They should at least offer a rebate - (orion) - (4)
                 They have a GT3 bundle - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     Better than nothing - (orion) - (2)
                         Do you have a DVD player? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             No DVD player - (orion)
         best place for good used nintendo 64 games? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             ComputerGeeks.com - (orion)
             Also try Video Stores and K-Mart - (orion) - (2)
                 hey thanx! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not a problem - (orion)