IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Same here, more or less.
I believe that applets are able to communicate with Javascript (I believe it's a Netscape library or something, but works in IE, too). This should allow you to figure out which applets are running in the same HTML page.

As for using applets to get realtime updates, I believe you could also use Javascript (basically, you'd keep the HTTP connection open for the life of the page). It's not pretty, but it's an alternative.

Dan
New Yes, we've been tinking about JavaScript too
No time to investigate further, but the idea was to get a random number and write out applet tag that takes that number as parameter. Or may be use DOM to access the applet tag.

It all depends on how ugly we're willing to make our sample HTML that the users will take as a template. Make it too complex, and nobody can use it. It's a well known fact that everybody smart enough to use our software is busy writing software for our competitors :)
--

Less Is More. In my book, About Face, I introduce over 50 powerful design axioms. This is one of them.

--Alan Cooper. The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
     Java Applets and browsers - (Arkadiy) - (8)
         AFAIK - (admin) - (1)
             www.suntimes.com/crossword = good example -NT - (deSitter)
         Just say no - (tuberculosis) - (5)
             Only way to fly in my experience. - (admin) - (4)
                 That's the only type of applet I've written. - (mmoffitt)
                 Same here, more or less. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                     Re: Same here, more or less. - (dshellman) - (1)
                         Yes, we've been tinking about JavaScript too - (Arkadiy)

I keep looking for the phrase, "According to top Chinese and Russian scientists..."
49 ms