IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Vacation time in Florida with my family
Saturday we leave in the family van. My wife, son, parents, brother, niece and nephew. My laptop will double as a DVD player on the way down, and we got a portable VCR in a bag for the kids. We are going to the Orlando area, Disney and Universal theme parks, maybe Kenedy Space Center.

I am still getting sick and throwing up, my wife thinks it is a allergy infection. Not sure what Florida will do to me, maybe make it worse or better? I am falling behind in my work, because I installed Fedora Core 1 Linux to prove that I could. I am going to have to write two papers before I go or on the way down there. One for this coming class and one for the next class after that. Either that or work on them in the hotel. I hope to have dial-up, I got the SBC access numbers for down there if the hotel lets me make a phone call and doesn't charge me out the arse for it. :)

I think Box lives down there, but I haven't talked to him in a while. Not sure if he lives near that area. I'll be there for a week.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Drive safe in Georgia
I-75 from Chattanooga to Macon is a superspeedway of ninnies.
-drl
New if you havnt made reservations yet
I would suggest the residence inn on international drive a little older so pricing is reasonable. It also has a kitchen and supermarkets are not far away so you can avoid restaurants. I live 95 miles southwest of orlando in the tampa bay area if you want a beach day take Interstate 4 west until it turns into interstate 275 then follow the signs for clearwater. Finest beach in Florida. However it is spring break so be warned traffic will be vile. Enjoy florida. dont leave any money in you wallet :-)
thanx,
bill
In Bush\ufffds America, fighting terrorism abroad is used as a pretext for vanquishing civil liberties at home. David Podvin
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Thanks we have a timeshare condo
my parents own one too. So we will have a nice place to stay. We had to reserve it in advance. It has a full kitchen, so no takeout food and we will save money.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New how many of those dang things do you have?
Branson, Orlando you are the timeshare king :-)
thanx,
bill
In Bush\ufffds America, fighting terrorism abroad is used as a pretext for vanquishing civil liberties at home. David Podvin
New Just one
but I can bank my time and use it anywhere in the world as long as it is within the same company.

New Seconded
I would suggest the residence inn on international drive
I've stayed there. Good place. Crap pool. But it's walking distance to several attractions. Is the upside down building still there?
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New yes. crap pool but secretaries and dental assistants
on work related junkets hang about and in the lame jaccuzzi, my children have gotten my wife to rescue me from there more than once.
thanx,
bill
New I'll be there all next week, too.
Flying out monday for a software conference, staying at the [link|http://www.sheratonsafari.com/|Sheraton Safari] because that's where the conference is :) Don't know yet if I'll have any free time, though...I'll post back to this thread if I think I might get some time to hook up.
-----
Steve
New We made it
visited Seaworld today. Had fun, lots of sun, I got sunburn but otherwise it was great.

Time to go to the store and buy more food, and stuff, later.

New If you make a west coast beach run, let me know
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
New I am back now
I think we went to the beaches on the other side of Florida. I got sand in my eyes from my 5-year-old kicking sand while I was lying down, and from a strong wind that blew sand everywhere. I had to get eyewash to flush my eyes out. I was almost blind and my vision was very blurry. Daytona beach, or one of them, East side of Florida. I am home and doing better now.

Vacation time in Florida with my family - (orion) - (11)
         Drive safe in Georgia - (deSitter)
         if you havnt made reservations yet - (boxley) - (5)
             Thanks we have a timeshare condo - (orion) - (2)
                 how many of those dang things do you have? - (boxley) - (1)
                     Just one - (orion)
             Seconded - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 yes. crap pool but secretaries and dental assistants - (boxley)
         I'll be there all next week, too. - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
             We made it - (orion) - (2)
                 If you make a west coast beach run, let me know -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     I am back now - (orion)

It's mercifully free of Britney Timberlake, Backstreet II Men, and Whitney Dion.
50 ms