#1 The marketing department.

#2 Brain-Dead-MBAs in charge of the company that killed some of the finest products ever made due to their mistakes. IBM had OS/2 which was superior to anything Microsoft had, so WTF did it fail? BD-MBAs messed up. Same deal with CBM/Amiga, AmigaDOS was superior to anything Microsoft had, the Amiga was an awsume computer that made the Macintosh look like a Timex-Sinclair 1000. It did freaking multiasking on the same 68000 CPU that the Mac did, and the Mac could not pull it off, at the time anyway.

I still have an Amiga 500, I let my nephews play on it when they come over to visit. CBM/Amiga messed up when the PC market caught up to them and offered VGA/SVGA display cards and Sound Cards that could match or surpass the Amiga video and audio. Then once the PC had multitasking operating systems, AmigaDOS was almost dead. The Mac caught up with them too. In 1985 the Amiga was high tech, cutting edge, by 1987 it was obsolite and they did not catch up to the PC and Mac market. By 1990, hardly anyone cared anymore. Soon after CBM/Amiga went out of business and the Amiga company got sold a few times.

It is not dead yet, like OS/2 fans, there are Amiga fans that refuse to let it die. They are small in number, but they still use it. I am one of them. AmigaDOS 2.0 still runs great on my Amiga 500. My Amiga 1000 that I got in 1985 has gone to Amiga Heaven in 1992.