#1 You've never replied to my emails so I figured you gave up on me. I do so hate playing email tag. After the fourth time I sent you an email weeks ago and you never replied I gave up trying to contact you.

#2 You've never installed it on my systems then. Crappy hardware and a limited income so I cannot afford to buy decent hardware.

MTRP 32X CD-ROM and Creative 32X CD-ROM, both a POS but all that I got available. I disabled features in CMOS to see if it made any difference and it did not, then I turned them back on. Standard operating procedure when the device fails is to turn off some of the advanced features and see if that fixes it. I also replaced the drive cable and rechecked the connectors.

Yes I knew about the boot floppies, but I was more concerned as to why the hardware did not work properly. I never tried the boot floppy before because I was too busy with other things and trying to figure out why the Linux installs kept on failing and doing random errors and random crap to me. Also nobody suggested to me to try a boot floppy, and always blamed my skills for why Linux did not install right.