IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You may be right
but I find it odd that your opinion of me can drop any lower.

I admit that I am not qualified, I need a refresher course anyway.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Not odd at all
You haven't yet struck me as someone who would push an unfounded claim to skills that evidence suggests you lack. Therefore it is clearly possible for you to worsten the opinion that I have of you. And I described above one way you could do it.

If you did that, you still wouldn't have hit bottom. For instance I don't have the impression that you are an abusive person, prone to inflicting violence on people around you. And so my opinion can go lower.

There really isn't a worst possible opinion that I can hold of someone. There are even ways that I'm supportive of George Bush. (eg I believe that he has a good memory for people. I may not like how he uses that ability, but I think that he has it.)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New I may have had them at one time or thought I did
Like my C Language skills, I got rusty in them. I got A+ in both my C and Advanced C classes over 15 years ago, but now have a hard time writing simple C programs. Could be due to my mental illness and medical conditions, could be due to not using them in the past 6 or 7 years. Even my Visual BASIC skills have suffered a bit since 2001.

I thought, hey maybe I could apply for a job and see what happens. Guess I am not qualified for any job then. Recent postings from others to me have knocked my confidence level down really low and I am not sure if I can do anything anymore.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Your confidence level is your problem.
I'm not going to coddle your past behaviour or current problems.

I'm just pointing out that very few around here have much patience with people who claim to have a lot of skills that they don't. We're pretty good at noticing BS. We've all been burned by it. And we see no reason to accept it.

Regards,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Not my only problem
dealing with negative people is another problem of mine. So is dealing with stress. So is having everything I do questioned, probed, examined, overanalyzed, misdiagnosed, and having conclusions jumped to.

I just am unable to do any job, or describe or communicate what I know to anyone's satisfaction.

Expand Edited by orion March 25, 2004, 06:46:49 PM EST
     One way to filter for technical people :-) - (ben_tilly) - (93)
         "Fearlessness"? - (Another Scott) - (17)
             Yeah, that and a digital certificate. - (jb4) - (14)
                 Easy peasy. - (admin) - (13)
                     man?!? - (jb4) - (12)
                         Then I suspect you don't qualify anyway... ;-) -NT - (admin) - (3)
                             Guilty as charged.... - (jb4) - (2)
                                 Debian. - (admin) - (1)
                                     Just found out that SuSE 9.1's got it - (jb4)
                         And we see that their filter worked - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                             two implementations of man, more or less - (boxley) - (1)
                                 That makes sense -NT - (ben_tilly)
                             $ echo $PAGER - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                 That can't be it - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Then you have sensible default - (Arkadiy)
                                 How ironic your .sig is in this thread.....**giggle** -NT - (jb4)
                             As I already admitted to Scott... - (jb4)
             Deploy wireless network? - (broomberg) - (1)
                 ROTFL -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Is this for real? - (deSitter) - (1)
             Unless the position is already filled, it should be real - (ben_tilly)
         would look into it but - (boxley)
         Could also be. . . - (morganek) - (2)
             Go through process.... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Sent my pubkey - no response -NT - (deSitter)
         Hhhmmmmmmm - (orion) - (35)
             You don't qualify - (ben_tilly) - (34)
                 Maybe I do, maybe I don't - (orion) - (33)
                     If you think that you qualify... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                         Why be proven wrong when you don't have to? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         I have to do something first - (orion) - (6)
                             Let's just say this - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                 You may be right - (orion) - (4)
                                     Not odd at all - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                         I may have had them at one time or thought I did - (orion) - (2)
                                             Your confidence level is your problem. - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 Not my only problem - (orion)
                     Do you know how to obtain your SSH key? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Yes I do - (orion)
                     I don't want to be a meanie, Norm, but... - (pwhysall) - (21)
                         Re: I don't want to be a meanie, Norm, but... - (deSitter) - (2)
                             Uh, riiiiight. - (Yendor) - (1)
                                 Re: Uh, riiiiight. - (deSitter)
                         Oh but you are a meanie, nothing you can do about it. - (orion) - (17)
                             You've googled. - (pwhysall) - (16)
                                 tad obvious I would say :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     To a genuine UNIX admin, yes. - (pwhysall)
                                 So you say - (orion) - (13)
                                     In that, you're almost definitely wrong - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                         actually you can do both - (boxley) - (3)
                                             I was wondering about that... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 I should have been more specific. - (pwhysall)
                                             PAM does that too, IIRC - (admin)
                                         That is the way I do things - (orion)
                                         There are ways to actually have both. - (folkert)
                                     Norm there was enough misinformation in yer post - (boxley) - (5)
                                         There is always Misinformation in my posts - (orion) - (4)
                                             You claim you didnt lookup the answers - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Fine if it shuts you up - (orion) - (2)
                                                     Actually you are correct. - (folkert) - (1)
                                                         I did fix my Linux problems on my own - (orion)
         Can you point to more such things? - (deSitter) - (32)
             Your public key? - (pwhysall) - (11)
                 Re: Your public key? - (deSitter) - (10)
                     You probably sent your GPG key, right? - (pwhysall) - (9)
                         (bangs head onto bed spikes) - (deSitter) - (8)
                             Patience, grasshopper. -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                 Re: Patience, grasshopper. - (deSitter) - (5)
                                     I got the impression - (altmann) - (4)
                                         Hmm possible - (deSitter) - (3)
                                             So try logging in. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                                 to what? -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                     To their server - (orion)
                             That isn't how ssh works - (ben_tilly)
             Response finally showed up - (deSitter) - (17)
                 Re: Response finally showed up - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Luck Bro -NT - (boxley)
                 Stage 2 complete - (deSitter) - (13)
                     See the default Apache page here. Keep at it! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
                         FreeBSD must be great - (deSitter) - (11)
                             Still the default page from here. - (broomberg) - (10)
                                 cp index.html.en test1.html - (deSitter) - (9)
                                     Don't assume - (broomberg) - (5)
                                         ? - (deSitter) - (4)
                                             How hard to understand is that? - (broomberg)
                                             test inside the test - (cforde) - (2)
                                                 I thought of it exactly opposite - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                     If they continue not contacting you, then at least try it. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                     Don't assume - (broomberg) - (2)
                                         seconded -NT - (boxley)
                                         Thirded. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 have fun with that. knock'em dead -NT - (cforde)
             That one was pretty random, sorry -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 S'OK send more if you find'em - (deSitter)

tar -C /usr/local/dev/zope/import zxf lrpdisms.tar.gz
200 ms