IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New prefer cast iron cookware for even heat distribution
and iron is good for you. Last trip up to northern florida stopped at a flea and found a perfect cast eggpan.4 inch diameter and 1 inch deep. No one else is allowed to use it. Cooks a single egg perfectly, sits in the middle of a piece of bread perfectly. Allmost killed a youngun who had the temerity to cook and then wash it. After water got on it I had to season the dam thing agsin. Took half a dozen eggs before it stopped sticking.
thanx,
bill
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Cast Iron is great for frying, no economical substitute . .
. . but if your cooking has a long simmering phase after frying, it's less than ideal. Enameled Iron is where it's at then.

I have a general 9" frying pan which is kept properly seasoned and a sheet steel (better temperature control and shape) omelet pan. The omelet pan never sees water, but the frying pan gets scrubbed out and reseasoned when it gets too much build-up on the sides.

Grape seed oil works very well for seasoning.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Simmering goes into the preassure cooker, without the top on
stout steel construction keeps an even temp, dont preassure cook too much anymore, just chicken when Im in a hurry.
thanx,
bill
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Enameled Iron isn't forever - (Andrew Grygus) - (24)
         I've been happy with some stuff from Target. - (Another Scott) - (11)
             Aluminum conducts heat well . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 We have a 3.5qt Calphalon anodized Windsor - (admin)
                 dupe, sorry -NT - (Arkadiy)
                 Why doesn't somebody put cast iron on top of aluminium? - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                     Cast Iron is generally thick enough . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         I was thinking "weight" - (Arkadiy)
                 What's wrong with Pyrex? - (deSitter) - (4)
                     Re: What's wrong with Pyrex? - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         I've got some Pyrex pots and skillets. - (Another Scott)
                         Re: What's wrong with Pyrex? - (deSitter) - (1)
                             The kitchen isn't a lab - it's a production facility. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: multi-ply stainless - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             ATTN: Alex Re: "Seal-O-Matic" waterless cookware - (twosnugglebugs) - (2)
                 welcome and post often -NT - (boxley)
                 Do you know anything about that? - (a6l6e6x)
         Nothing beats a well-seasoned carbon steel wok - (pwhysall) - (4)
             Hallelujah! Preach it, brother! -NT - (FuManChu)
             Woks are a religion . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Sink? - (pwhysall)
                 Wok Update - (Andrew Grygus)
         prefer cast iron cookware for even heat distribution - (boxley) - (2)
             Cast Iron is great for frying, no economical substitute . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Simmering goes into the preassure cooker, without the top on - (boxley)

Escape from the prison planet!
87 ms