IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You'd be suprised
I think you would be surprised just how much of that crud there is. I know a lot of people jumped from doing Access applications to coding ASP VB Script during the Internet boom, without really considering how the platforms are different.

This produced some of the worst code I have ever seen. Code that was both nearly unreadable and performed horribly, running web sites that where tied to various IE extensions and depended on IE HTML bugs to display correctly.

There where several cases where I fixed performance problems in our application by doing nothing but throw out unneccisary temp tables. People too used to using Access's ability to base a query on query would do the same thing in SQL by dumping the result of one query into a temp table then doing a query on the temp table that dumped it's result in another temp table and so on.

I ran across one git that used Word's export to HTML function to do his basic page layout and then hacked up the Word output with bad recordset code to create an intranet application.

Jay
New I've seen some of the very same stuff.
And worse, believe it or not. Like a VP of Information Technology actually insisting that static web content that displays graphs be done with MS Excel.
bcnu,
Mikem

I don't do third world languages. So no, I don't do Java.
     Damsel in distress! - (acagle) - (11)
         I assume a repair has been done? - (ChrisR) - (3)
             Dunno. But I have an update. - (acagle) - (2)
                 Depends on the kind of a lock - (ChrisR)
                 That 'something' is the developer. - (FuManChu)
         Need more detail - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
             That'd be my guess and GACK. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 You'd be suprised - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     I've seen some of the very same stuff. - (mmoffitt)
             Re: Need more detail - (acagle)
         Does filesystem say .mdb file is writeable for all users? -NT - (bbronson)
         Re: Damsel in distress! - (qstephens)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
78 ms