IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I assume a repair has been done?
Have heard of older versions of Access (97 i think) that would get the database in a funk, and you'd have to recreate the database over again.

If you assume that it's a programmer problem, then you'd have to look and see what program was locking the records and not committing or rolling back the transactions. In the worst case, a program that causes access to lock up, may be the source of the locks.
New Dunno. But I have an update.
The .ldb file is not being deleted when she closes. ANd she got this message from a tech support person:

"I have looked into your in accordance with the log database files it is telling me that you are not closing your record set and connection object. Please review this code this is where the problem lies."

Something is not closing the ODBC connection apparently. That doesn't explain the lack of ability to add records though.
New Depends on the kind of a lock
Some transactions require the whole table to be locked for update. That is, you don't want to have the set change on you in the middle of the read - unless you want dirty reads.
New That 'something' is the developer.
Explicitly close connections instead of letting them just fall out of scope. Goes double when errors are raised.
     Damsel in distress! - (acagle) - (11)
         I assume a repair has been done? - (ChrisR) - (3)
             Dunno. But I have an update. - (acagle) - (2)
                 Depends on the kind of a lock - (ChrisR)
                 That 'something' is the developer. - (FuManChu)
         Need more detail - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
             That'd be my guess and GACK. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 You'd be suprised - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     I've seen some of the very same stuff. - (mmoffitt)
             Re: Need more detail - (acagle)
         Does filesystem say .mdb file is writeable for all users? -NT - (bbronson)
         Re: Damsel in distress! - (qstephens)

Save your piss. Seriously.
82 ms